Off Topic Christmas is finaly here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Iwannabemargo

Numpty Watcher
Proud Parent
Well I have finally given in. It was Dad's birthday today so tomoorow the decorations are comming down from the loft.

I have made my first batch of choclate rum truffles and my mincemeat is steeping - the first mince pies will be made tomorrow.

Anyone else got any Christmassy traditions ? Apart from food we also go for a (very short) surf on Christmas day before lunch.

'margo

We have no special traditions but all our relations get together in our place and enjoy each and every minute. We make all sorts of food and also play lots of games in the backyard.

Well we always have a huge family gathering with all the family + friends and and of course we have the santa sacks in the morning :p

Our main tradition is heading out to pick a tree at a local farm and bringing it home to decorate. This year was a little different because my brother is off in his own home and engaged and my dad is sick and unable to walk, so it was just my mom, me, and a little girl my mom has babysat for years and who has joined us for our last few Christmas tree excursions. I don't live at home either, but made a point of getting home to keep the tradition going.
We also usually have gingerbread waffles on Christmas morning after gifts.

Wow, you are only just putting your decorations up?!? Mine go up on the 1st Dec or as near as possible to!

I usually go to someone's house for a party on Christmas eve, then we all go to Midnight Mass at 11pm. Then Christmas Morning is usually started back at Church and then home by 11.00am

The time between church and lunch is spent watching TV or helping get the table ready etc then we eat at 1pm

Presents are generally opened once everyone is ready (brother won't be up until 12pm and Dad will be cooking until lunch is ready then we'll all clear up) So this takes us up to about 3pm when of course we have to watch the Queen! (nobody is really bothered about it apart from my mum, but it's tradition!)

Those are my usual traditions but this is the first Christmas I'll be in my own place so perhaps some new traditions start here!

This year we are going to my parents for Christmas lunch, then popping to BF's for the evening. My brother (not the one that stays in bed until 12) and sister in law are doing the opposite, but hopefully we'll see them at some point too!

I am making mince pies with a difference this year - mince pie parcels with filo pastry (they'll look like won ton!) Made a large one the other night and it was yummy, so I'm going to do some mini ones for Christmas day I think!

Getting quite excited thinking about it! I love Christmas!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back