Parents Clank clank! Shameless Brag alert!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD had her last L4 meet of the regular season. Just states and we will be done (on to level 5, finally!) The meet was a 4 hour drive (at least for most people from our gym....DH is a pilot...we flew) so everyone stayed overnight except us.

First event was vault. She got a 9.3 and was looking good. (6th place)
Next was bars...she had an awesome routine, straight legs, tight knees, but she gets too much speed going into her bhs, and took two steps on landing. Still got a 9.55 ended up with a GOLD!

Beam she only had a little wobble, but somehow she ended up too close to the end of the beam when she got to the handstand, and had to pike into it a little bit. It was still really pretty, and she got a 9.1. All of the beam scores were fairly low, only 2 girls on our team got 9's. She got a fourth

Floor-It was a pretty routine. I'm really not sure where she got her deductions, but there was a male judge who couldn't write and look at the same time, so I know he actually didn't see half the routine. She still pulled out a 9.25 and got 5th.

AA her all around score was 37.2! That was enough to give her a 3rd place all around. She was glowing all the way home (and then some).

BTW, all the girls qualified for states, which is in three weeks. She is going to be working on sticking that landing!

Thanks for letting me brag!
Snowbound

Nice scores, huge AA ay to finish the season. How much fun is it to fly to a meet, so cool. Great that all the team is going to State!

there was a male judge who couldn't write and look at the same time
Snowbound

I am soooooo tempted to say something about men, but I will restrain myself (zips up lips).

Way to go, little Snowy! Fabulous scores ..... and being flown to your competitions by your own private pilot. Thats the kind of lifestyle I could get used to!

Wow! Great meet--those are HUGE scores!! This is my dd first year in gymnastics and she just had her 3rd meet. I am STILL trying to figure out how scores and judging works because dd's scores have been all over the place so far!! LOL It's hard to know what to expect.

Sounds like your dd has lots of experience and is having a ton of fun, too!! How old is she and how long has she been in the sport? I would love to see videos if you have any!

Congrats again!!! And good luck at States!!!

I haven't figured out how to post a video, but here is a link to my blog, where there are some pictures. DH put her trophy up on the dashboard, and I took a picture of it. I will play with getting a video on there, since I haven't had any success with you tube.
Snowbound

I haven't figured out how to post a video, but here is a link to my blog, where there are some pictures. DH put her trophy up on the dashboard, and I took a picture of it. I will play with getting a video on there, since I haven't had any success with you tube.
Snowbound

Cute Blog! Thanks for posting the link! Your dd is a cutie--she looks about the same age as mine--Dani just turned 10. Wow--that airplane ride must have been amazing!!! She looked so cute in the pic!

What a great day! She will be going into State with alot of confidence! Her scores were great...a 9.55 on bars...wow! And you can't beat the flying to the meet! Congrats!

Way to go!!! Sounds like a great meet. Good luck for states and sticking that dismount. My dd also has the same problem with that.

My Dad used to have a plane, that sounds great having your own personal pilot. The inportant part though is congrats to you and your DD. I love to hear about kids going home with big smiles!!

That's awesome!! She should be glowing!

So do you have your own plane? Dh is a pilot, too, for the Airforce so for the last meet (our first) which was 4 hrs away.... he was flying back from Las Vegas and I was driving the kids alone, lol. Sure would have been nice to fly, though!

So do you have your own plane?

No, DH has to fly for work, so his company leases a couple planes. He gets to use them on the weekends for the cost of fuel. Definitely a perk!

We were using a piper arrow/Cherokee for this meet, but he also flies a Piper Saratoga (it's currently down for maintenance). If we had taken that plane to the meet I think we would have had to fly the coaches home, because they car-pooled with some other parents (the Saratoga seats 6)

We probably won't fly to states, because there isn't an airport very close by. We were really lucky with the weather...DH can fly in clouds (he has an instrument rating) but the plane can't handle icing (and we flew right past the place in Buffalo where that plane went down recently). It was cloudy when we left, but it was crystal clear coming home. I'm sure that my DD will remember it for a long time!

Snowbound

No, DH has to fly for work, so his company leases a couple planes. He gets to use them on the weekends for the cost of fuel. Definitely a perk!

That is a nice perk! Dh flies the KC-135. Somehow I don't think the Airforce would let us borrow one for the weekend.:p He is certified for small planes, but we'd have to rent one. That's really cool that you can fly with your family.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back