Parents Class Disruptions....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In my DD's class the majority is younger elementary gymnasts and a handful of older middle school gymnasts. The past few classes there are constant disruptions from the younger gymnasts that stop the stations and practice altogether. It seems to be a particular group of girls.

The coaches are trying to control the situation to the best of their ability. But it seems they stop all gymnasts to address the disruptions. However, several times during the class does add up and seems to be taking away from other gymnasts time when they all have to stop and wait for the disruption to calm down and settled.

I am glad the coaches are handling right away but I wonder if it is necessary to stop the entire class or if it escalated to that level then could there be a better approach?

How does your gym handle disruptions? Coaches - any thing you have done that has worked when it comes to disruptions?

Why are they disrupting? Are they bored? Need more stimulation? Find conditioning too monotonous? If its an ongoing issue the coaches have to find the root of the disruptivenss

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back