Class Types

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

FlipnFun

Coach
Proud Parent
Hi Every one, we opened a new gym end of last year & were doing ok until the COVID closure hit, we are struggling to get our regulars back as they prefer to stay home a little longer (schools have still not opened and we still have quite a lot of daily cases where I live)
to make up for the loss we have tried to offer a variety of classes, we do Recreational, intermediate, competitive in Artistic & Rhythmic, Trampoline & Ninja Classes.
The Ninja classes are a HUGE hit but we don't really have the equipment or space to do higher levels, I'm looking for some new ideas just to keep the kids coming in and the numbers up so we can survive until our actual gymnasts return!
What other classes do you offer in your gyms that I could try out?

We used to do it al WAG rec, competitive, MAG rec and competitive, gymnastics for all, sports Acro, rhythmic, circus, trampoline, tumbling etc.

Then we adjusted our programs and reduced it to just WAG, MAG and GFA. When we cut to less programs our gymnast numbers doubled.

Doing lots of programs was chaotic and each program had a small following and it was harder to take it where we wanted. And each program all wanted the same kids.

When we cut back to less programs and just focused on doing those really well we could offer so much more.

How about classes focused on general fitness for homeschoolers? With a gymnastics/body weight exercises slant of course, it wouldn’t require much extra equipment. I’ve seen some gyms offer this and there might be a good market for it right now. It can fill those time slots when public school kids are unavailable because they’re online with remote learning. It might be wise to look up if your area has any homeschooling PE requirements.

We used to do it al WAG rec, competitive, MAG rec and competitive, gymnastics for all, sports Acro, rhythmic, circus, trampoline, tumbling etc.

Then we adjusted our programs and reduced it to just WAG, MAG and GFA. When we cut to less programs our gymnast numbers doubled.

Doing lots of programs was chaotic and each program had a small following and it was harder to take it where we wanted. And each program all wanted the same kids.

When we cut back to less programs and just focused on doing those really well we could offer so much more.
We live in a really small country (I mean REALLY SMALL) and there's only one other major gym that has been running for a decade. Most of the 'experienced' children prefer to stay with their coaches/academy. we did get a few but not enough to limit ourselves to that group.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back