ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent

Talk About All The Clemson Developments Right Here!​

amy-smith.png

Thanks to @ProudParent70 for starting this thread!​

No idea but I would guess some assistant coach that has been an assistant for several years or possibly a DII head coach?

I think the whole Kyla Ross thing is crazy talk. That would not make any sense.

Big news here...

The gymternet is not happy. She has been tagged an abuser. Idk, what to make of her. I guess she had a good year at Utah State and showed improvement while she was there?

I was really surprised she didn't stick around at UNC for the HC position, as it was clear that Galvin was retiring within a few years but apparently she knew she was not going to be in the running for the position. She was known as a very harsh coach back then. Not sure if this has improved since.

People have been citing something like 20+ gymnasts have left or quit gymnastics in last couple of years at Utah State!?
There has been a revolving door at Utah State as of late … and her former athlete Faith Leary released a scathing tweet about her experience. Interestingly enough, Amy’s name had been bantered about for Waller’s replacement.

With all the chatter , you wonder if Amy took the Clemson job to get ahead of calls for her to leave Utah State (if people were leaving in droves , that may have been starting) and starting a new program, that won’t actually compete for another year may give her a cushion so to speak to maybe reevaluate the tactics she’s used in the past and move forward with healthier ones for this new team …

There has been a revolving door at Utah State as of late … and her former athlete Faith Leary released a scathing tweet about her experience. Interestingly enough, Amy’s name had been bantered about for Waller’s replacement.

With all the chatter , you wonder if Amy took the Clemson job to get ahead of calls for her to leave Utah State (if people were leaving in droves , that may have been starting) and starting a new program, that won’t actually compete for another year may give her a cushion so to speak to maybe reevaluate the tactics she’s used in the past and move forward with healthier ones for this new team …
I think that "ignoring" all the athletes with issues recently is seen as a step backwords. I also think if you have to google the name to find out who she is perhaps not high visibility enough to attract good transfers.

I think that "ignoring" all the athletes with issues recently is seen as a step backwords. I also think if you have to google the name to find out who she is perhaps not high visibility enough to attract good transfers.
I don't see her getting high end gymnasts to transfer there . I think it will be similar to the HBCU schools that are starting teams...I don't think your going to see the Trinity caliber gymnasts commit there either . I think it's great that more schools are having teams because there are increasing numbers in the Level 10 ranks looking for schools to compete at and this gives them more opportunities.

Interesting to see that 6 Utah state gymnasts transferred to clemson?! Really a head scratcher, what are they going to do for the year off and no gymnastics? I guess Clemson didn't want to recruit too much? Maybe start with some foundation and slowly build?

No more playing nice in the sandbox, eh? I wonder if Kristin White knew that this was in the works when she was just hired...basically taking 6 pretty solid competitors away from what she thought she had. And they're not even going to compete this year so there's that .....I get that Amy has a right to recruit who she wants but there seems to be some unwritten code she just broke ....like you don't date your friend's ex, even if available.

What was that line from Stick It? "they don't call it Gym-NICE-tics" ......

I really is fascinating, I guess they got them some NIL money? But how are they going to do taking a whole year off of gymnastics?

I thought NCAA changed the transfer rules and you don't have to take a year off anymore? At least that is what is going on in both men's and women's basketball?

I thought NCAA changed the transfer rules and you don't have to take a year off anymore? At least that is what is going on in both men's and women's basketball?
You are correct, but Clemson doesn't start competing for another year. So these transfers are not going to compete this coming season.

Reactions: cmg
I really is fascinating, I guess they got them some NIL money? But how are they going to do taking a whole year off of gymnastics?
They should still be able to practice ... and if they are really wanting to compete, since the NCAA gymnastics team doesn't compete for another year, couldnt they compete NAIGC?

They should still be able to practice ... and if they are really wanting to compete, since the NCAA gymnastics team doesn't compete for another year, couldnt they compete NAIGC?
Their practice facility is not going to be complete till next year. I am sure they will practice somewhere, but it still will be in sub-optimal conditions of some borrowed space with limited equipment (assuming if a local gym? Clemson is pretty rural). As far as NAIGC, I dunno? I am sure there is time and $ associated with doing something like that and just because they have 6 gymnasts doesn't mean they have a full competition squad.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back