Parents Clothing for Gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is what we do on a daily basis. And excuse the OT rant, but wth is the deal at gym meets in terms of the tshirt and sweatshirts they sell? This sport is KNOWN for having at least SOME small girls...yet at every meet we have been to, they don't sell or have the small sizes!:mad: It is ridiculous. Some of these shirts resemble short dresses for my girl! I like that they are long enough to cover her backside, but you would think they would carry smaller sizes...it is not that they run out either.
Rant over...apologies for the tangent.

This is why I love when meets give out leos instead of shirts. My intention with all the shirts DD has is to do a tshirt quilt for her, since she basically can't wear any of the meet shirts she's gotten.

This is what we do on a daily basis. And excuse the OT rant, but wth is the deal at gym meets in terms of the tshirt and sweatshirts they sell? This sport is KNOWN for having at least SOME small girls...yet at every meet we have been to, they don't sell or have the small sizes!:mad: It is ridiculous. Some of these shirts resemble short dresses for my girl! I like that they are long enough to cover her backside, but you would think they would carry smaller sizes...it is not that they run out either.
Rant over...apologies for the tangent.
The only problem we have with the meet shirts we get (unless they offer junior fit - which has happened exactly 2x) is that they are too boxy. Both my gymmies have long torsos and always have. A 10/12 is too wide and too short for YG. A 14/16 is just long enough BUT even wider than the 10/12.
Pants they sell that fit the waist are always too short too. If we get them to fit the length, they are falling down. It is better if they are selling capris that could pass for long pants.

But what I usually do (refuse to have words on their butts) is find a pair of sweats or yoga pants or pj pants that fit and are on sale in a plain color and take it to the local screenprinting shop and have the leg screenprinted for like $5.

I am really hoping that in a parallel universe, the mom of the boy in the OP is on a message board, saying "My 11-year-old son has been offering unsolicited comments to girls on the quality of their butts. How can I make him understand that it's 2015 and this is not okay?"

(Sorry, love the clothing suggestions, but I'm really upset that this girl has to choose her clothes based in part on what will get other kids to stop harassing her about her body...at age 11.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back