coach catch phrases

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

how about... you better hurry up or i will call you a four letter word like... tory!!! lol
and of course one gymnastics two gymnastics, or unless you go for this i am going to call you the B word and yes its the bad one.... Ben! lol

My daughter said her coach tells them to "tighten your butt or it will slide down the back of your legs."

I've also heard her say, "Oh Mylanta" when she doesn't like what she sees.:)

my old coach called my friend louisa, spaghetti because she was so loose like spaghetti, eventually we shortend it and now its skettie and thats her name at gym and we have been calling her that for 4 years, sometimes i forget its not her real name and when my non-gym friends ask about it they think im weird :p

My gymmie's coach is always telling her/teammates on beam to "squeeze the booty".
With the splits it's "I could drive my car under that". I laughed at most of the sayings here, good thread J

This is a really good thread.

Here is one for my dd. It is for the level 5 and 6 beam routine. Do you know the part where you cross one leg over the other? It is right before the dismount? Anyway, my dd's coach told the girls that that part is like they have to urinate really bad, and they are trying to hold it in. So when my dd was competing levels 5 and 6, she would think in her head every time at that part, "pee really bad, pee really bad." LOL

MamaofEnS

"If you throw your head any harder, it's going to fall off, and you'll have to go get it."

On the joys of spotting newbie FHS, when they throw their arms out to the sides: "If you smack me on the head again, I get to bop you back!" (don't worry. I use a noodle.)

"Put on your Barbie shoes!" for teaching releves and locks

Ah, the many catch phrases I know and love.
"Stop being safe! I want DANGER here!"
"What in the world of gymnastics is that!?"
Gymnast bends arms while sticking it. Coach says, " Hey, look girls! The T-Rex made a comeback!"
"Are you playing football or doing gymnastics!? Make up your mind!"
Gymnast messes up skill in this little tiny way. Instead of giving tip to make her stop, one of the coaches say, "well, can you like, not do that?"

My daughter said her coach tells them to "tighten your butt or it will slide down the back of your legs."

I've also heard her say, "Oh Mylanta" when she doesn't like what she sees.:)

Thats soo funny!! There are a couple of coaches at my gym who say Oh Mylanta too...don't know what it means, but its catching on!

1. throw your front hand spring front tuck... or I'LL THROW YOU!
2. you sound like an elephant running down the runway!
3. don't do a soccer kick after that leap! do a scale!
4. you look like you're running down the yellow brick road!
5. well.... that was.... great.............

I tell the girls that can't manage to stay on the low beams because they aren't keeping their bodies tight that they look like wet noodles and I want dry spaghetti.

Also i have a few girls that like to point their fingers down when they have their arms in oblique. I usually tell them "no dead birds".

There are so many of these out there that you don't think about until a thread like this. I'll have to keep my ears open.

I just realized mine on Monday. When my girls are loose as a noodle rather than telling them squeeze your ________(butt, legs, tummy, all of the above) I just say "Squeeze Something!" because most of the time squeezing any of their muscles is progress.

hahaha this made me laugh :)

You see my white hair? It's because of you.
There's a brain on sale at Walmart.
Look at those splits! You could drive a trailer under them!
Did I teach you how to do that? Did (random coach) teach you that? (When we do something bad)
(When I was over-rotating back layouts on tumble track) Safety roll.

"If it hurts, good - it means you're still alive" is popular during conditioning!

Once when we were conditioning my arms were so tired I couldn't hold them above my head properly so my coach said "What are you doing that for your arms aren't broken?"

Hmm, I've used the following:

You run like a girl
If I can do it, it has to be easy.
don't make them trow Sue at you.
My splits are better and I'm older than Yoda.
Squeeze your butt or I'll get someone to do it for you.

I'm sure there are more I just can't remember right now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back