Parents Coach Christmas gift?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Alibri

Proud Parent
I hate for this to be my first post here, but I'm at a loss and it's getting close to crunch time to get all of the gift shopping done. Do you all get Christmas gifts for coaches? My DD is new to team and I've been trying to think of something to get. I don't know her coach on a personal level at all. She's relatively young, in her 20's. What is a good gift for a coach?

Are you friendly with any of the parents on the team? I would ask the nicest team par tent you've met for ideas.

Starbucks gift card or some other gift card. In 20s, always give a Cash equivalent since they are perpetually low on money.. and no, you are not obligated to give, only if you want to.

I would check with the other parents in the group. We have always (3 years now and counting) pooled our money and gotten the coach one gift from the group.

I give Christmas baking. Especially since between two gymmies there are 5 coaches! At the end of last season I made a photo travel mug for the coach, which she loved and still uses.

We don't usually give anything other than homemade goodies, but for coaches who've really done above and beyond we do buy something. Before this year that's been one coach and we got him darth vader lights (huge Star Wars fan). This year they have the most amazing coach, but he doesn't celebrate Christmas. We are buying him a nice bottle of (kosher) vodka for Hanukkah. I figure alcohol is the best gift for dealing with all my kids' crazy.

I love personal gifts. Please don't bake homemade goodies for the super healthy eating coach or teacher or casual friend. I'm sure they are amazing but even if she wants a super splurge treat she probably has a special goodie in mind ( likely from her own mom).

Likewise find out what she always has in her water bottle what fast food does she occasionally bring in.

Some of my favorite gifts from kids include a picture or letter from the child and a new tote bag ( I love bags) or a new insulated water bottle . Visa gift cards also work too.

Last edited:
I love personal gifts. Please don't bake homemade goodies for the super healthy eating coach or teacher or casual friend. I'm sure they are amazing but even if she wants a super splurge treat she probably has a special goodie in mind ( likely from her own mom).
Ha! I stopped baking for people for a couple of years and heard about it non-stop until I relented and started again. I keep a gluten free kitchen, so ingredients get pretty pricey, but people seem to really appreciate the goodies. Maybe they have families like mine- I am the only baker in the whole family. My mom can't even make refrigerated cookies properly.

We collect as a gym and give cold hard cash. It has never once been returned. If I was giving solo. I would give what I know the coach likes or a gift card that can be used many places.

I tend to not give alcohol (unless I know for sure there are no addiction issues). I had an alcoholic husband (now ex) who got far to many bottles, really made life difficult.

It's all about as personal as possible or totally universal. Kids usually know if their teachers/coaches get peanut m&ms or a Diet Coke from the vending machine. Does the caregiver always pick up Chineese on Friday nights or come in Saturday talking about trying a new beauty product or the latest Sci Fi movie? Teach your kids to notice others preferences. It will serve them well.

dd's level is doing a collection and dividing it among the coaches that she works with. some sort of gift card. last year everyone went individual and i did gift cards and movie tix

Thank you all for your thoughts for your input! I totally wish my DD could help me with noticing things that her coach likes, but she just turned 6, it's hard enough to get her to pay attention to anything beyond what she is directly told to do Lol! I love some of these ideas! I was planning on going the generic route, maybe a candle and some lotion or something, but then I saw the recent SNL skit 100% making fun of the candle gift, especially when it's given with lotion! I think I'll have my daughter make a card and buy a gift card of some sort. I hope when I get to know the moms more, we might be able to put together a group gift in the future. Thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back