Coach dosnt care?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't even know anymore my coach just dosnt seem to care I always keep on doing the same drills and don't learn anything everything is the same . He says that I can't go up no levels till I get the skills but he dosnt tell me at all what level I am or anything! Or what's good for my age(17)
floor: RO BHS BHS,RO BHS tuck, RO BHS layout, FHS, front tuck
vault: FHS on table, tuskahara
beam: split leaps, cartwheel, full turn, horizantal turn, back walkover/BHS step out on floor beam
idk what level and idk what to do about my coach....

It all depends what kind of program you are in. By the sounds of it you are in a very advanced recreational class which means you do not have a " level". It is not important for you to know what level you are in unless you are competing. In advanced recreational Boeing in a level can hinder you rather than help you as you must achieve an equal ability on all apparatus before moving on. But I'm recreational you don't need it, you learn based on what skills you are ready to do, not what a level dictates.

No one can tell you what is a good level for your age because age has nothing to do with ability it will all depend on how long you have been doing gymnastics, how naturally strong, flexible and coordinated you are, how many hours a week you train, what your coaches goals for you are and so on.

Also if you are not training a lot of hours a week your coach may be hesitant to teach you more skills because it is not safe. Your skills sound like optional level standard, our average gymnast of that level trains 20 hours per week.

Your coach wants what is best for you. No matter what. Sometimes they don't always tell us why they do certain things but it helps us out in the long run. Your coach is there to support you and help you. Just remember that they do things for a reason not just to do things. Keep being positive!

Are you in a recreational program? If you want to compete and belong to a team, you might want to let your coach know. Realize if you are in a recreational program and switch to a team program, your hours will go up significantly and so will your tuition and level of commitment.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back