WAG Coach Issues

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have friends. I tried talking to the coach and she screamed at me.
The only thing I can think of is contacting higher authorities. She has literally abused you emotionally and physically, and this is probably taking a huge toll on your mental and physical health. This has become downright dangerous for you now.

Yes. Though this coach is also my beam coach. She's kept in check when the xcel coach is at the gym though.
If you there is a possibility of working with this coach at all, you should refuse to attend, and email the owner stating exactly why.

And file a safe sport report. What you are experiencing is abuse.

We cannot guarantee safety, but the thing about a bully is, they usually crumble when faced with more than one person resisting. Your friend has to judge the likelihood of getting in trouble (which is BONKERS but here we are)
If this coach saw your letter and STILL acts like this, man IDK what to even say.
My friend is super supportive and asked me about saying no before. She offered to help me so I assume the offer still stands.

The only thing I can think of is contacting higher authorities. She has literally abused you emotionally and physically, and this is probably taking a huge toll on your mental and physical health. This has become downright dangerous for you now.
What is your definition of higher authorities? I'm not going to like the police.

If you there is a possibility of working with this coach at all, you should refuse to attend, and email the owner stating exactly why.

And file a safe sport report. What you are experiencing is abuse.
Maybe it makes sense to go and if she is the coach leave? If she won't be my coach then I'm safe.
How do I file a safe sport report? I've heard of it but don't know anything about it.

Safe sport literally exists for the purposes of protecting athletes like you from abusive coaches like the one you're describing.

would it come up if I google safe sport gymnastics?

Here's the link.

Read this first.

Scroll down to "I believe my child is being exposed to emotionally abusive coaching. What should I do?"

If someone who's more educated than I am could advise whether or not she can experience retaliation or get kicked out for making this report, please say so. Or is it like "now they literally CAN'T let her go until it's resolved?"

This young lady wants to attend states (sorry there are other posts) and she deserves that. Getting kicked out now will interrupt that dream. It may be her last season anyway.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 11.54.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 11.54.05 AM.png
    244.9 KB · Views: 21
So my mom spoke to the coach. Apparently she was "unaware of my mental status and emotional situation" otherwise she would have been more mindful. Apparently she is not going to approach me again. I'm going to just give it another try for now I guess with the support of teammates.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back