Parents Coach leaving a week before nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twinmomma

Proud Parent
I cannot believe that DD's coach is bailing on his team a week before nationals. Stars and Stripes T&T nationals (for levels 5-7) is next week, and instead of staying through as he said he would, he's making his last day tomorrow, leaving these kids with the assistant coach who is wonderful but physically unable to spot due to a shoulder injury. While she's lined up help from other amazing coaches in the T&T community, I'm beyond livid at the lack of ethics and maturity exhibited from the other coach.

He announced his resignation two weeks before USAG nationals, which was already an unnecessary distraction for the girls. And now this. I'm just so incredulous I can't even put thoughts together.

I'm so sorry. It is rough to lose a coach and this timing sounds like it's particularly tough.

It must be tough for you and your gymnast. But remember that there may be something going on behind the scenes that you know nothing about. Maybe there is a very good reason for the coach to leave now, and he can't wait even a week longer. Even if coaches often do the work from the heart, they have lives too and coaching is, in the end, just a job like every other jobs. Sometimes you just have to put yourself first, even if you are a coach and love the gymnasts and would not want to do that. There may be something going on with the employer, a family emergency... you name it!

Good luck in the nationals though!

I can’t believe he’s leaving! It seemed like he was building up such a solid program. I know there were issues with how the gym treated the t and t program, but I wouldn’t have expected it at all. Maybe gymisforeveryone is right and he had something else going on that couldn’t wait. I’m really sorry you have to deal with the stress of it all during both nationals.

Reactions: sce
I think it's quite unlikely that any coach would just walk out a week before nationals without a very good reason. These reasons may be quite personal and something they prefer not to share. Or it may be something the current gym has requested they don't share.

It is a job for the coaches, it can start to feel like they are an extra parent to the kids and so on, but that does not stop it from being a job. Kids often walk out at awkward times, which is hard for the coach. Sometimes coaches have to do it too.

I’m sorry the coach is leaving, but you do have to realize at the end of the day this is just a job for him. You have no idea what’s going on in his personal life that caused the timing of this.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back