Parents Coach to Athlete Ratio

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymJudgeMom

Proud Parent
Judge
What are the coach to athlete ratios in your gyms for each level?
I tried to ask what the acceptable ratio's were in the Coach Forum, but wasn't allowed to post...

In our gym: (approx. Athlete:coach)

L2 & L3 is 15:1.
L4 is 10:1,
L5-L7 5:1
Optionals though Elites is 3:1.

Last edited:
What are the coach to athlete ratios in your gyms for each level?
I tried to ask what the acceptable ratio's were in the Coach Forum, but wasn't allowed to post...

In your user cp, top left of screen, join the coach user groups,then you will be able to post in that forum. You can be a member of more than one user group.:)

At our club it is basically 6:1 for all pre-comp and comp - occassionally one or two more in pre-comp, but it's not the norm.

Recreational ages walking-6 is 5/6:1
Recreational ages 7-13 is 7/8:1
But with each ratio a coach also has a Coach In Training(CIT) with them, who is 13-16, ie not quite old enough to be a coach.

For competitive 8:1.

In my daughter's level 2 there are 6 girls and they have their own coach. They have to be in bigger groups if one of the level's coach is absent.

Somewhat OT but at swim team practice it's more like 20:1.

I don't know if they have an official ratio. I know at Optional level they divide the girls into groups of 7 or 8 with one coach. I know our 5s have about 20 girls, but I think they have 3 coaches (maybe 2 some days??). We only have 5 or 6 level 6s, so just one coach there. Not sure what the 4s do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back