coaches for beijing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

does anyone know how they will pcik the coaches for the olympics team? do the girls get to communicate at all if with their own personal coaches if they are not team coaches?

Don't foget: there must be one female coach on the floor. Personally, I think that's a stupid rule.

Haha. I have no idea what the reasoning is. If that's the reason Bieger makes the team , though, I will be thoroughly disappointed!

There will be two coaches on the floor. One does have to be female, but I absolutely don't see Marta selected a gymnast just because they have a female coach. That's absurd. She herself could do the job herself if necessary. Shawn has a female coach, Chellsie has a female coach etc.

So does that mean that there are the girls' individual coaches as well as those chosen as "team" coaches? That's a lot of coaches for 6 girls.

Each delegation gymnast brings one personal coach at USAG expense to China. They may also bring second coaches, family members, etc. at non-USAG expense so long as they can be accomodated.

During team preliminaries and finals, there will be one male and one female coach on the floor chosen from the competing team members' personal coaches plus Marta.

For AA and EF, generally the floor credentials (I'm not sure if that's the right word for it) are switched around between the gymnasts' coaches so that they may have their personal coaches with them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back