WAG Coaches Gifts For Meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not done around here.

And I'm not sure why they would be. Coaches get their coaching fees and food. o_O They aren't volunteering.

And as others have said, good food and snacks would probably be most welcome.

It's more along the lines of, "Thanks for bringing your team to our meet."

We know that coaches/booster clubs have lots of choices when putting their meet schedule together. It's great when we can have new competition from an unexpected gym. Our girls actually get excited, "Ooh, where dd THEY come from?"

Not that they are lured in by our fabulous gifts or food or anything, but I think we will keep doing what we're doing. For better or for worse it seems to be the norm around here :cool:

We know that coaches/booster clubs have lots of choices when putting their meet schedule together. It's great when we can have new competition from an unexpected gym. Our girls actually get excited, "Ooh, where dd THEY come from?"

Not that they are lured in by our fabulous gifts or food or anything, but I think we will keep doing what we're doing. For better or for worse it seems to be the norm around here :cool:
As a token of appreciation for selecting your gym to compete at, it's a nice touch...

Not done around here.

And I'm not sure why they would be. Coaches get their coaching fees and food. o_O They aren't volunteering.

And as others have said, good food and snacks would probably be most welcome.
Not all of us get paid well to be at meets. I get enough to cover gas. And maybe 2 hours of coaching. When our average meet is 2 hours away each direction and each session lasts a few hours+awards, I'm working at a loss for time invested. And you would be surprised just how many meets have sub par food OR in cases where the food is decent, how many coaches are not able to partake because of the way things are scheduled. I think I actually had something halfway decent to eat at 1 meet last season. So it's not outrageous at all for meet organizers to think of ways to keep the coaches happy.
As a coach, I'm super grateful for all of the parent meet organizers on here who go out of their way to find ways to make meets enjoyable for coaches, because we essentially are volunteering our time.

Not all of us get paid well to be at meets. I get enough to cover gas. And maybe 2 hours of coaching. When our average meet is 2 hours away each direction and each session lasts a few hours+awards, I'm working at a loss for time invested. And you would be surprised just how many meets have sub par food OR in cases where the food is decent, how many coaches are not able to partake because of the way things are scheduled. I think I actually had something halfway decent to eat at 1 meet last season. So it's not outrageous at all for meet organizers to think of ways to keep the coaches happy.
As a coach, I'm super grateful for all of the parent meet organizers on here who go out of their way to find ways to make meets enjoyable for coaches, because we essentially are volunteering our time.
Our coaches get a decent amount per hour when you cost it out (roughly $30 dollars per hour), plus mileage and tolls. If there are hotels include that. Airfare, include that. Overnights factor in meals. Our one travel meet that requires flying we are given an estimate of expenses and are required to prepay a minimum before we even sign up. Our coaches are very open about expenses.

Our coaches are not getting rich, but they are compensated decently.

Our coaches tend to pick meets that will provide competition well run and organized and are economical (as in not too much travel and entrance fees fair). We have stopped doing meets that are badly run and organized. And we don't do them if they are too expensive (in less there is something to be gained as far as experience goes). So a cool travel meet, they would consider it if the parents were OK with it and the cost.
I would be really ticked if they upped my costs for a gift card or a tee shirt :cool:

I have never heard about giving the coaches a gift. We do the same as almost everyone else and supply the food for coaches and judges.

The best gift is having good food, coffee and water available throughout each session in an easily accessible location. I know I never remember whether there was a coaches gift, but I always remember which meets had the best food!

Our coaches get a decent amount per hour when you cost it out (roughly $30 dollars per hour), plus mileage and tolls. If there are hotels include that. Airfare, include that. Overnights factor in meals. Our one travel meet that requires flying we are given an estimate of expenses and are required to prepay a minimum before we even sign up. Our coaches are very open about expenses.

Our coaches are not getting rich, but they are compensated decently.

Our coaches tend to pick meets that will provide competition well run and organized and are economical (as in not too much travel and entrance fees fair). We have stopped doing meets that are badly run and organized. And we don't do them if they are too expensive (in less there is something to be gained as far as experience goes). So a cool travel meet, they would consider it if the parents were OK with it and the cost.
I would be really ticked if they upped my costs for a gift card or a tee shirt :cool:
Your coaches are lucky. As @coachmolly said, a lot of coaches are not paid too well. I can be at a meet from 8am until after 10pm, working all sessions, with a 1.5 - 3 hour drive on each end and for that, I get a total of $45 - $90. Gas can range from $20 - $40. There are plenty of meets that I work at a loss. Good food that I can get to and water and soda are appreciated.
Coaches gifts aren't a thing here, but great food in a convenient location is :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back