Coaches?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

shelovestoflip

Proud Parent
How come they're not showing the other coaches?! Only the two on the floor. I think that's a rule only two on the floor? Where are the others?!

I never saw Gabby's coach on the floor? I saw him or Aimee (honestly not sure who because I saw both at one point or the other) swap out for Laurent (WOGA) on bars at one point, but when Gabby was starting bars I feel like Mihai was standing there? Hard to remember now. I don't think I ever saw Christian but maybe. I also didn't see Maggie until Laurie got off beam pretty much at the end. Mihai and Aimee are the "official" coaches.

Maybe I hallucinated Gabby's coach, but I swore I saw him at one point. I guess it could've been the WOGA coach for Madi. I know Mihai was off at some point because Aly went over there to talk to him, I think after beam. It's all a blur now, but they are kept behind a rope in that corner.

Hm, I was just thing the replay and Laurent was there for everyone, including Aly. Aimee greeted them after their routines and was kind of in the lower area and Laurent pretty much handled all the chalking, checking, board moving, and standing in for skills for everyone. Not sure why I thought I saw Mihai but he must have been out of there the whole time during bars.

I didn't see Christian "out" the whole time which I'm pretty sure is how Martha wanted it...Aimee, Laurent, and Mihai seem more her style.

I only saw Aimee and Mihai on the floor and mostly noticed Aimee interacting with the girls. Honestly, was looking for Laurie's coach…I love watching her with Laurie…seems like they've got great chemistry!!

I just re-watched Gabby's beam. She is giving Christian this high ten (pictured below) as she comes off then he immediately goes back to the pen so Mihai can come out for Aly. You can see it on the NBC video, but he runs off pretty quickly.

https://photos.smugmug.com/MVelasqu...mpics/i-D4NTTSS/0/XL/AP_16220791294672-XL.jpg

Here is a shot of Maggie greeting Laurie after beam. They really are sweet together.

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/50/71/73/10723059/3/920x920.jpg

NBC has a replay of Laurie's beam. If you watch the slow mo of her dismount in the replay, you can see the extra coaches pen where Mihai watches on in temporary banishment.

Maybe they only got their personal coaches for beam because of pen placement? Or since it was last event?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back