Coaching Board

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymdog

Coach
I know there's another thread, but I can't reply in the parents' forum, so. I'll bite.

I'm confused by the answer in the other thread that the coaching board won't be for technical issues. I don't understand what it's for then.

As much as I like the idea of a private board to discuss perhaps sensitive issues, the only way I would do that is on a completely restricted private board where I personally knew everyone. I realize people are being approved here, but that doesn't make a lot of difference to me unless I actually know them.

I realize it is difficult to moderate a board because I've been a moderator on a gymnastics forum before. In that instance there was an adult board that members had to be approved into (no matter what their status was). So I can understand trying to moderate such that things of a sensitive nature are in an adults only forum. But I'm not sure I understand what the coaching board is for if not technical issues. It just seems kind of mysterious and secretive and I can't think of anything I would post anyway that wouldn't be like...free hip drills?

Procedural change and conflict resolution questions are huge potential drama risks that I'd use a coaches forum for. Things happen, and sometimes a professional opinion from an outsider is a help. Low risk for misinterpretation and the advice you are looking for seems useful to me.

I guess, but I haven't really noticed a problem with parents on here. I can see how it could become an issue if people were worried about posting about their gym if they thought parents FROM their gym would see it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back