"Coach's Favorites"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ugh!!! I hate it sooooooo much when my coach sits around talking to her favorite gymnast for 30 minutes (on top of the vault table when I'm trying to vault) and half the time it's not even about gymnastics, it's about her new boyfriend she meet over christmas break or what ever!!! It gets so aggravating!!! Does anyone else have a coach like this??? I'm actually considering switching gyms because of her favoritism *_*
another thing is she can be a really big B!tc* to everyone which is yet another reason I'm thinking about switching gyms 9 out of 12 days she is like above mentioned... And at some meets she goes psych and really freaks me out (possibly with out trying to) all the meets ive gone to with a assistant coach, I always do sooooo much better than with her!!! :/
thanks for listening to me vent, sorry it was sooooo looooong :)

The behavior you describe is very unprofessional. If a coach, behaved like that in my gym they would no longer have a job. And if my childs coach was like that I would no longer be taking her to that gym.

I would speak to your parents about the issue's and have your parents speak to the gym owner or head coach about the situation. A coach that spends all that time sitting around discussing her social life is endangering the gymnasts by not paying attention to what they are doing.

Only problem is this is the head coach /: and gym owner... The only reason I am still goin there is because of the assistant coach who only is there once a week btw she is the only assistant that is really good but she is only there once a week /:

And sorry about the confussion, the coach is married, they were talking about the gymnasts boy friend...
To her the only gymnasts she truely watches or generally tries to make better are her favorites :/
she also genially cares about her injured gymnast, this I know because I was one for 6 monthes, but I'm back now so I'm back to putting up with her crap :( which is also why I am just now posting this :/~

The assistant coach at my gym is just like this. She is just stands there having a full blown conversation with someone when she clearly sees you waiting to take your turn. She does this on bars and vault but then when you start to talk to her about something that's actually gymnastics related she acts like she doesn't have time. Another thing that dives me CRAZY that she does is she'll tell one of her favorites that she'll spot them for a more advanced skill that you can clearly do better than than that person but then when you ask her to spot you she makes up an excuse like we don't have time or something. She is just SO ANNOYING !!!!!

The assistant coach at my gym is just like this. She is just stands there having a full blown conversation with someone when she clearly sees you waiting to take your turn. She does this on bars and vault but then when you start to talk to her about something that's actually gymnastics related she acts like she doesn't have time. Another thing that dives me CRAZY that she does is she'll tell one of her favorites that she'll spot them for a more advanced skill that you can clearly do better than than that person but then when you ask her to spot you she makes up an excuse like we don't have time or something. She is just SO ANNOYING !!!!!

It could just be that the H/C knows she can't coach well enough to look good in the same gym as her one day a week assistant. It's pretty sad, she could maybe? learn something from her assistant, but will probably fire her so she can keep up the charade.....OMG, isn't that the H/C out in the parking lot, 20 minutes late, checking her reflection in the tinted window of her new bright red Hummer, and saying, Why can't I find anybody who gives a 1@#! about me when I go get my hair done.

GO!!!!......CATS!!!

There is a coach at my gym who is really mean to pre-team and team members. Not mean mean, but, if you're too scared to do something, or you're not trying, she will yell at you in front of the whole gym, and then say that if you don't do the skill, the whole gym has to do 100 pushups. So then if you don't do it right, everyone gets a little mad at you.

However, today, I was watching the team class for a second, and this one girl was too scared to do her front handspring off vault by herself, and that same coach, who had just yelled at me for 5 minutes about my "terrible" cartwheel on beam, was like, "Oh, sweetie, it's okay! It's just a vault. I'll be right here for you!" And then the girl forgot the hurdle, she was so nervous, and the coach comforted her. e.e

Idk. I guess there are some people she's nice to. TOO nice to, actually. I'd rather be forced to get over a fear then comforted and allowed to take, like, a year to finally do a skill.

There is a coach at my gym who is really mean to pre-team and team members. Not mean mean, but, if you're too scared to do something, or you're not trying, she will yell at you in front of the whole gym, and then say that if you don't do the skill, the whole gym has to do 100 pushups. So then if you don't do it right, everyone gets a little mad at you.

However, today, I was watching the team class for a second, and this one girl was too scared to do her front handspring off vault by herself, and that same coach, who had just yelled at me for 5 minutes about my "terrible" cartwheel on beam, was like, "Oh, sweetie, it's okay! It's just a vault. I'll be right here for you!" And then the girl forgot the hurdle, she was so nervous, and the coach comforted her. e.e

Idk. I guess there are some people she's nice to. TOO nice to, actually. I'd rather be forced to get over a fear then comforted and allowed to take, like, a year to finally do a skill.
That sounds like a truly horrible coach. Emotional blackmail should not be used on a child. I try to assure a child that i will help them with a skill. But if they are determined not to do it I just move on to another kid or another skill.

That sounds like a truly horrible coach. Emotional blackmail should not be used on a child. I try to assure a child that i will help them with a skill. But if they are determined not to do it I just move on to another kid or another skill.
She does help you with it. If you're doing it, just not as good as it could be, she's not that mean. If you're scared and she knows you can do it, then she'll definitely spot you but she'll make you go. She is pretty annoying...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back