Code changes?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

Saint_Emily

My coach keeps talking about the new code coming out in June. She keeps telling us a bunch of stuff about what could happen depending on the new changes.....you could go "straight" to level 9....no more double backs in level 8....don't start working that until we know it's allowed...so whats up with this whole code change? And what is being changed?

There are several threads on the code changes already. You still need to score out of level 8. However, at this point, it looks like acro Cs will be banned in L8, and only certain Cs on bars will be allowed. Also, L9 will have a new vault chart. The SRs for L8/9 aren't changing, though, except for the leap pass on floor, which is a little less strict (you may take running steps, chasses, or chaine turns between the steps).

The code will not be available for another month, but the SRs are available online. I really don't think the change are THAT extreme, but I have to admit, I'm hoping that L8s will be allowed to do 1 acro C per routine, like L9s are allowed to do 1 D per routine.

Alot of the forums have a thread or two on the code changes I don't know the particulars but they do change the codes regular enough that I have seen several.

I've been pondering all the Code changes over the years. There never were so many changes until compulsories were done away with. Now the argument is that all these new rules are in place for the safety of the gymnast. In the past, that was what compulsories were for. Now with compulsories a thing of the past, FIG has slowly but surely turned optional routines into that which borders on monotonous in not only my opinion, but many others who have been around gymnastics long enough to realize what has happened. Bring back compulsories and open the door in optionals to more expressive, artistic gymnastics routines that aren't created through rules and regulations that stifle the sport's possibilities. Bring back the 10.00 as a perfect score with a new scoring system that doesn't punish a routine for not following the current rules. Change the rules for earning points. It's frustrating to see what's happened to the sport I love and have been involved in for over 30 years. I've seen it all and what I see now is very disheartening. In my opinion, creativity and artistry does not mean instead of doing a Double whatever, do a Triple, and so on. There are so many more possibilities that the human body is capable of. Is anyone else the least bit frustrated with this sport's stagnation?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back