Code of pOints

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

drivingmom

I am looking for list what skills are A, B, C and D. I searched the USA site and here, but no luck. Maybe I am missing it.

Thanks for any help .

Go here
http://figdocs.lx2.sportcentric.com/external/public.php?folder=661
And click on the first one, then open it.
http://figdocs.lx2.sportcentric.com/external/serve.php?document=1969 This is the code of points for 2009 to 2012.
It might take a while to load, it is the full list of all skills that count, their name and their value. It is divided by event and them by catagorie (mount, dance, acro, dismount, ect.)
You can save it to your computer if you like.
Their is a supplement availible somewhere, I will see if I can find it with a few new skills that where added.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, though, that the downloads are the FIG Code of Points. The USAG JO Code is a little bit different, I believe.

Keep in mind, though, that the downloads are the FIG Code of Points. The USAG JO Code is a little bit different, I believe.

I may be wrong, but I thought that what was an A, B, C, D, etc was consistent across FIG and USAG JO. Clearly the scoring is very different but I thought the elements were consistent.

I may be wrong, but I thought that what was an A, B, C, D, etc was consistent across FIG and USAG JO. Clearly the scoring is very different but I thought the elements were consistent.

Nope, element values (especially for dance elements) are different for JO than for FIG

Nope, element values (especially for dance elements) are different for JO than for FIG

Ok, I was just presuming that was the common ground. I guess this is another example of why presuming can get you into trouble. Anyway, do you [or anyone] have a handy link to the JO list of A, B, C etc skills to help out DrivingMom?

DrivingMom---
You could also check with your daughter's coach since I'm sure they must have a copy of the code somewhere because they will need it for checking routines. I know our daughter had a few things she wanted in her beam routine but was told would have to wait until next year because they were C tumbling skills which aren't allowed at her level.

Driving -

One of the reasons you are not finding this is that USAG charges $75 for a copy. The yellow book is for levels 7 thru 10 and does contain the various skills for each apparatus. The only things that I have seen that they make available electronically are updates to the book. Good Luck.

RK

There is not really an online link I know of. I know NAIGC (which is college club competition) used to have a page with some examples, but I don't have it bookmarked. I will try to look and see if they still have it up. If you have any specific skills you want answered, I'm sure someone can help you out. But there's no really comprehensive online document that I know of, you have to buy the book from USAG which as noted in the previous post is pretty expensive.

Edit: Found the document I was thinking of, which can be viewed through the link below (PDF). Some of them may not be accurate anymore since occasionally skill values change, but everything I glanced through looked more of less accurate. Not all of it is completely written out and they didn't do As. For example on bars under B there is an entry for "HS" which is cast handstand. An example of an A on bars that would go in an optional routine would be a kip.

http://www.naigc.net/Common%20FIG%20JO%20Skill%20values.pdf

Last edited:
My daughter just switched form Level 6 USA to prep op. Would she be under FIG or JO code of points?

JO (most likely -- prep-op rules are different in each state, but I'm almost positive that all prep-op programs in the US use JO values, not FIG values)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back