Parents College club gym options for a level 10?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter hopes to do college gym. I am also hoping she will pick the best school for her academically. To broaden the college search, I am wondering if there are any (and which) club teams would be a fit for a level 10 JO gymnast? She is not in need of a scholarship. She is a very strong STEM student. She just loves gym and competing and wants to continue. Given she is level 10 though I think she would want a club team with others at her level. Thank you for any input!

What year is your daughter now? club teams can vary greatly and the strength of the team can vary based on who happens to be there at the time. Also different colleges may provide varying levels of support to the club teams. When my dd was on her college club team her Freshman year she was the only L10, and chose to compete at L8 level with the team, but now I think they have several L10s.

NC State used to have at least a few L10s on there club team. Not sure now. It's a very strong Stem school too. In general, I would think it will be difficult to get gymnast level info since most don't have their own websites with rosters like collegiate teams have. There may be a site with scores which would have levels but as Natasha said, the gymnasts don't always compete at the level they were in JO.

What year is your daughter now? club teams can vary greatly and the strength of the team can vary based on who happens to be there at the time. Also different colleges may provide varying levels of support to the club teams. When my dd was on her college club team her Freshman year she was the only L10, and chose to compete at L8 level with the team, but now I think they have several L10s.
My daughter is a Sophmore, 3d year level 9. Where did your daughter go to school? It does seem hard to get this information, so just curious for anecdotes!

When my DD was looking at colleges she spent a lot of time looking at clubs at different universities. There was variety in terms of size of teams, gender of athletes, training provided and skills competed. All the teams very very inclusive of gymnasts at all levels. The most advanced skills competed seemed to be around L8 which makes sense considering that college club teams train 4-8 hours/week...it's going to be difficult to maintain those L10 skills. My DD was able to find information on the clubs through instagram, facebook, web pages, videos, etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back