College Dorm Workout Ideas?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone have recommendations on "home" workouts that can be done in a college dorm? I know some stretching and flexibility, but I'm working towards a back handspring, and hoping to work on back hip circle while stuck in a campus quarantine and blizzard, simultaneously. I live in a 4-room apartment, by myself, and don't have many resources besides therabands, a yoga mat, and a bit too much time on my hands. Help!

I would focus more on strength and flex training. I'd look up some general strength training videos on youtube.

I have always wanted to do a press handstand and it works your whole body. If it were me and I had time on my hands, I would look at some press handstand progressions and work on that. It can be a good work out, work the whole body, easily done indoors, would look cool if you knew how to do one. You could also see if there are any small backhandspring drills that you can do on your own. Some just teach shaping and what not so it could be done on a mat look for ones you can do easily and see in a mirror if you are doing them correctly kind of thing.

Other than that you can always go general conditioning route.

Also Chelsie Memmel posts great little circuit workouts which look attainable and fun but are a good workout and gym strength focused.

You can workout effectively at home, there are many ways, It all depends on what your goal is. There are Tabata workouts, there are great free programs by Chloe Ting, I am sure you will find something for you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back