NCAA College Gossip Season begins!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym_dad32608

Proud Parent
Only a couple weeks removed and all sorts of activity happening in college gymnastics. I know folks are either to scared to post or shy or just dont care about college gymnastics (although I find that hard to believe on this site), but I thought it would be cool to start a thread marking all the happenings in college gym off-season. What I know so far:
  • Some new coaches in the house:
    • Casey Jo MacPherson goes from Mizzou to be head coach at Pitt
    • Ashley Miles Grieg comes out of the broadcast booth to become head coach at Iowa State. Interesting choice, since she has absolutely 0 coaching experience but was an incredible college gymnast.
  • Transfers
    • Utah has caused a bit of a stir with 3 transfers leaving Red Rocks. They were not major contributors, but they did contribute
    • UF loses Savannah Schen..... (sp) to transfer portal after breaking her foot before season started she will use her medical redshirt to compete somewhere else.
  • Olympics
    • Suni is still dealing with kidney issues and recovery, but is still planning paris?
    • Kayla DiCello just announced she will be taking a gap year like Jordan Chiles to try for Paris
    • No word on Jade Carey yet
    • No word on Leanne Wong yet although she is scheduled for the national team camp, soooo
  • COVID year 5th year seniors
    • Already know about Utah seniors coming back
    • All 4 Alabama seniors coming back
I know there are some other things happening, but this already has potential significant impacts to the college season next year. Still looks like OU will be humming along to their 3rd title in a row.

I remember Jade saying last year that she was continuing to train for the Olympics while in college but not sure where she is at now.

Last edited:
If Leanne takes her year off too, Florida is staring down a challenging 2024. Maybe they will pull a 5th year transfer or two. They do have some freshman talent coming in. On the positive side, if everyone stays true, 2025 they will be quite the team. Kayla, Leanne, Skye Blakely, Shilese Jones, Lily Bruce, Riley, Morgan, Sloane

Only a couple weeks removed and all sorts of activity happening in college gymnastics. I know folks are either to scared to post or shy or just dont care about college gymnastics (although I find that hard to believe on this site), but I thought it would be cool to start a thread marking all the happenings in college gym off-season. What I know so far:
  • Some new coaches in the house:
    • Casey Jo MacPherson goes from Mizzou to be head coach at Pitt
    • Ashley Miles Grieg comes out of the broadcast booth to become head coach at Iowa State. Interesting choice, since she has absolutely 0 coaching experience but was an incredible college gymnast.
  • Transfers
    • Utah has caused a bit of a stir with 3 transfers leaving Red Rocks. They were not major contributors, but they did contribute
    • UF loses Savannah Schen..... (sp) to transfer portal after breaking her foot before season started she will use her medical redshirt to compete somewhere else.
  • Olympics
    • Suni is still dealing with kidney issues and recovery, but is still planning paris?
    • Kayla DiCello just announced she will be taking a gap year like Jordan Chiles to try for Paris
    • No word on Jade Carey yet
    • No word on Leanne Wong yet although she is scheduled for the national team camp, soooo
  • COVID year 5th year seniors
    • Already know about Utah seniors coming back
    • All 4 Alabama seniors coming back
I know there are some other things happening, but this already has potential significant impacts to the college season next year. Still looks like OU will be humming along to their 3rd title in a row.
Do you mean Savannah Schoenherr? She was a 5th year. She’s also still listed on their roster (5/9/23). What about all the transfers to Auburn? I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many college gymnastics transfers before.

Do you mean Savannah Schoenherr? She was a 5th year. She’s also still listed on their roster (5/9/23). What about all the transfers to Auburn? I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many college gymnastics transfers before.
Yes, Savs took a medical redshirt this year, so she has one more year and has entered the transfer portal for her last year. I think transfers will settle down a bit after the COVID extra years, but still they are going to be a regular part of the post season going forward.

In related UF news, Amelia Hundley was hired as the new 3rd paid assistant coach at Alabama. Popular opinion was that programs was going to use the exta paid assistant to finally compensate the "volunteer" coach who was typically choreographer for the team, ala BJ Das (who did get a paid role this year) and Jeremy Miranda at UF. But I think programs are going to want a coach that can coach gymnastics. Another somewhat interesting development.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back