NCAA College Gymnastics UK

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello please excuse my naivety, does a gymnastic college scholarsship exist anywhere in the UK, or are UK residents eligible for US scholarships? We are way off college age yet. I just wondered! Thanks

There is a BUCS championships which allows gymnasts of all levels to compete. (Just google BUCS gymnastics). More universities than I realise have gymnastics clubs, but for fun. There is no major competitive scene like there is in the US.

Some universities do offer scholarships for athletes in many sports who are competing at a top level. I've not researched it well, but they cover things like gym access, physio, costs of training etc.

Loughborough University has always been good for sport including gymnastics. There were plenty of Loughborough Uni men competing at the English championships last week for example. However, last I saw their gym was under threat of closure so I've no idea how the future looks for them at the moment.

Finally, if you are interested in NCAA gymnastics then absolutely British gymnasts can apply. There are some well known elites who are competing at the moment. Danusia Francis is involved with CSA Gymnastics who help gymnasts who are looking to be recruited to NCAA teams. You can find them on instagram.

There is a BUCS championships which allows gymnasts of all levels to compete. (Just google BUCS gymnastics). More universities than I realise have gymnastics clubs, but for fun. There is no major competitive scene like there is in the US.

Some universities do offer scholarships for athletes in many sports who are competing at a top level. I've not researched it well, but they cover things like gym access, physio, costs of training etc.

Loughborough University has always been good for sport including gymnastics. There were plenty of Loughborough Uni men competing at the English championships last week for example. However, last I saw their gym was under threat of closure so I've no idea how the future looks for them at the moment.

Finally, if you are interested in NCAA gymnastics then absolutely British gymnasts can apply. There are some well known elites who are competing at the moment. Danusia Francis is involved with CSA Gymnastics who help gymnasts who are looking to be recruited to NCAA teams. You can find them on instagram.
Wow thats a lot of helpful info, I really appreciate it. We are a long way from college-age yet, but as he's set his mind on being a 'gymnast-engineer' (and the latter part is so he can fix the equipment if it breaks so as to not miss any valuable gymnastic fun!) I thought I better start getting to know whats what! Cheers.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back