Parents College Recruiting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

They were just general letters addressed to certain girls with the college's contact details and some info about the college. DD got them from the gym. Haven't received any for a while now, maybe since before covid so I'm wondering if colleges have stopped sending them.

They were just general letters addressed to certain girls with the college's contact details and some info about the college. DD got them from the gym. Haven't received any for a while now, maybe since before covid so I'm wondering if colleges have stopped sending them.
Nope... we've gotten a bunch.

Nope... we've gotten a bunch.
DD reminded me we did get two about 8 months ago but they've slowed a lot. Our gym has had less college coaches visiting since covid and that's definitely impacted it. We used to get letters a few days before college coaches were visiting our gym telling us DD is on their radar so they are coming to watch her and some team-mates. She was very young then - 12/13 and they didn't actually pay much attention to her when they visited, it was more about the 16/17 yr olds.

Reactions: JBS
Anything else we could do this season before the recruiting window opens?
I really just want to hammer this point home. The best thing is to just be really really good in competition. The more competitions that you go to and do well... the better.

If your athlete is good... run lot's of competitions. College gymnasts compete a lot!

I really just want to hammer this point home. The best thing is to just be really really good in competition. The more competitions that you go to and do well... the better.

If your athlete is good... run lot's of competitions. College gymnasts compete a lot!
Easier said than done! Last season she battled an injury and wasn't at full strength but she's on track to come back really strong next year. Fingers crossed for an injury free year with good competitions!

Easier said than done! Last season she battled an injury and wasn't at full strength but she's on track to come back really strong next year. Fingers crossed for an injury free year with good competitions!
Hoping she has a great season! but if she has other injuries, don't wait until you have competition videos before reaching out to the colleges. Send those training videos with updates on the injuries. You want the coaches to be aware of her interest and abilities despite the injuries.

Hoping she has a great season! but if she has other injuries, don't wait until you have competition videos before reaching out to the colleges. Send those training videos with updates on the injuries. You want the coaches to be aware of her interest and abilities despite the injuries.
Of course! She was back training Feb last year so it affected her meet season but long over it now. She has been posting training videos right through the summer.

Question: DD club coach just contacted us and said D1 team was interested in her and coming to visit the gym to see her. Happened day after NLI day, is that a good sign or are we reading into it too much? Class of 2024.
That is very exciting! The only caveat is that they cannot talk to her until after the sophomore year. (June 15th between sophomore and junior year). so they can come to the gym and watch everyone, with an eye on her, but no real recruiting or talk of anything can occur until summer.

Question: DD club coach just contacted us and said D1 team was interested in her and coming to visit the gym to see her. Happened day after NLI day, is that a good sign or are we reading into it too much? Class of 2024.

This is an excellent sign. This is how it all started with us.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back