DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
This is the thread to let us know how to make the college schedule better. You can find it at the following link.

The overall concept is to get more college fan discussion here at ChalkBucket!

Love the schedule you posted, it would be awesome if we could find or centralize a place that has where meets are being streamed or broadcast as well. I try and find them to watch sometimes and its hard to figure out which ones you can get through ESPN which ones are broadcast on this service or that service or this channel or that channel. Not sure if anyone wants to do the information gathering on that but it would be great to have pinned alongside the calendar or at the top of this post or something.

Love the schedule you posted, it would be awesome if we could find or centralize a place that has where meets are being streamed or broadcast as well. I try and find them to watch sometimes and its hard to figure out which ones you can get through ESPN which ones are broadcast on this service or that service or this channel or that channel. Not sure if anyone wants to do the information gathering on that but it would be great to have pinned alongside the calendar or at the top of this post or something.
This blog does a post every week with the schedule and the links, including which links require a paid subscription separate from cable. He also does a live blog during the meets and a weekly podcast called gymcastic where they give a lot of updates and keep track of all sorts of gymnastics happenings.

For a forum where many parents and their children are shooting to reach college programs, it kinda stinks we dont get much discussion about actual college meets, but I guess people dont want to talk about college unless it happens and if it happens then they dont want to talk about it because their child is there, lol.

For a forum where many parents and their children are shooting to reach college programs, it kinda stinks we dont get much discussion about actual college meets, but I guess people dont want to talk about college unless it happens and if it happens then they dont want to talk about it because their child is there, lol.
I also think that it's hard when your own kids are in season! Following college gymnastics can be a lot to keep track of. I also grew up far away from any big D1/top tier programs, so now that I'm in a PAC12 team's city, it was a whole new world to get into.

I will say if you are interested in good discussions about college gymnastics then Reddit has some good conversations. I’m not super knowledgeable so I read about it more than comment a ton. I think this group focuses more on raising gymnasts than straight up sport appreciation.

This site was never really created that way... I would like to get more of that conversation going in the future. That is why we are going to try get this schedule up and running each year.

We are going to start adding the "watch" link to all of the events. We have made some more improvements to the college schedule page.

There was (is?) A private group for L10 and one for college parents that allowed us to speak more openly with each other about the highs and lows of training, injuries, recruiting. The problem with having it on the main board is that many parents didn't want to answer many of the questions openly. Now that there is an anonymous feature, it may work better but you are still risking "outing" yourself by what you say. As my dd was going up the levels, there seemed to be many more parents in the same levels but over the past few years, there seems to be a lot less in the upper optionals here. Covid? Moving to other forums and SM? And most of the ones who were here and had college gymnasts have moved on so there isn't as many to answer those questions.

There was (is?) A private group for L10 and one for college parents that allowed us to speak more openly with each other about the highs and lows of training, injuries, recruiting.

As my dd was going up the levels, there seemed to be many more parents in the same levels but over the past few years, there seems to be a lot less in the upper optionals here. Covid? Moving to other forums and SM? And most of the ones who were here and had college gymnasts have moved on so there isn't as many to answer those questions.

There are still many here... just less active. I would say other "groups" (like Facebook groups) and social media. However... there are pros and cons to social media. ChalkBucket is here to provide something different.

ChalkBucket is now being driven heavily into the future from a marketing standpoint... the site is not going anywhere. As the new wave of new members are in gymnastics... we will once again have many upper level parents here.

The "member groups" will be a big help once again... but they are just being rebuilt now. This is basically the first real season of the new groups. The "member groups" were not recreated until the end of January last year.

Add the A&T schedule. It's an amazing option for so many of the gymnasts who aren't L10 by high school or who do T&T or acro.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back