WAG colored ankle brace in competition?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

See that is just creepy to me. An adult telling a girl to go without a bra in public jumping up and down. Good grief take the deduction.

I would expect any coloured tape to be overtaped in tan. But our rules are different.
I don't think they expect them to go braless. Just not have the bra showing. And if it shows you take a point hit. Situation was clarified. Not point hit taken.

I would rather the judge point it out, otherwise the kid would of taken a point hit for tape.

I don't think they expect them to go braless. Just not have the bra showing. And if it shows you take a point hit. Situation was clarified. Not point hit taken.

I would rather the judge point it out, otherwise the kid would of taken a point hit for tape.

I'm glad they asked because it shouldn't be a deduction, and luckily it wasn't.

Phew that is a relief I must have misread. I thought she said the judge told her to take the sports bra off!

I thought USAG did require them to be beige. When my dd competed, the girls used to use tiger paws in different colors. My dd had pink. Then a rule came in that you could only have beige for competition, so they had to get another pair and just use the colors for practice. Maybe I'm misremembering what happened, or the rule has changed again since then.

This is a pretty vague recollection on my part, but I do remember reading somewhere in a long document that included rules and regulations for USAG competition, some version of nude/tan/skin-colored tape or wraps was required or preferred, or at least that the judges had the right to deduct for something that was colored or loud or in the category of distracting. Whether there is actually a crackdown in this area, and in which regions/parts of the country it happens is a different matter.

Unfortunately, like @Iwannabemargo, my custom-matched, skin-color tape would never be tan....rather a pasty, gray-tinged, chalky bluish white. And every few years, Lobster Red.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back