MAG Combining skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

DTAG

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
So my son likes to play around with skills, specifically pommel/mushroom. For example, he is trying to “create” a skill in which he is doing circles and then (gets enough elevation),and adds a twist in it, catch it, and then keep circling. I didn’t know what he was talking about at first until he showed me, honestly, it would actually look really cool especially on a horse if executed right. I’ve never seen it done though. Another example is he was working on his Moore, and then he decided to start “flairing” it. His coach just casually said it was a flaired Moore. Can’t find a video on it. I’m looking in the C.O.P. too, and 3D men’s gym app.

My question is, how would these work skill level wise? What would the difficulty be? Is he allowed to do stuff like this when he hits optionals? And do your boys ever combine skills similarly?

Yes. My son loves to play around with skills. Anything on mushroom, of course, is just for fun and development, as they are locked into those routines. At optionals, they can put together skills however it works for them. So unique combinations are fun!

How would difficulty scores be calculated when you start combining skills that aren’t typically combined? He has a colt, too, so he is working on transferring his mushroom skills over to the colt. He can do the entire level 7 routine with bonuses now on the horse, but he’s looking at pushing himself further. It comes pretty easy for him (this specific event at least )

How would difficulty scores be calculated when you start combining skills that aren’t typically combined? He has a colt, too, so he is working on transferring his mushroom skills over to the colt. He can do the entire level 7 routine with bonuses now on the horse, but he’s looking at pushing himself further. It comes pretty easy for him (this specific event at least )

So there are E scores for each skill, ranging from A-G(and probably beyond) and then they add together. If you have certain levels, you get a bonus tenth. It is a big math problem :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back