Coming back to gymnastics *question*

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

About one year ago I had decided to call it quits for gymnastics because I had been battling a back injury that just did not seem to get better. I have decided that reguardless of the pain as long as I'm not doing any permenant damage that I can work through the pain. I've been trying to get back into the sport but family issues have prolonged the process and now its been a full year. I'm really not sure how to prepare my body to get ready for gymnastics again. I'm torn between starting extensive conditioning regimen's and slowly rebuilding muscle through the skills themselves. I haven't completely lost all muscle. I have been keeping in shape. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Asherz<3

Hi! Great to hear you want to get back into gymnastics! I would try yoga. It may sound like it's not enough of a workout but it is GREAT FOR THE BACK!!!! Swimming is also really good for all over conditioning. Then after you have a few months with the yoga and swimming then try to get back into the gymnastics skills. Going slow is the best thing so that you don't injure yourself further.
I developed a herniated disc through running (I used to run long distance) and after I had my surgery, my doctor said to get active! I tried yoga but thought after a while that it wasn't "enough" for me. Then I started an adult gymnastics class. My daughter moved to a different gym so I no longer have access to that adult class (long story). Anyway, I am in the process of looking for an adult gymnastics class in my area, but haven't found one yet :-(.
Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you!!!
Kathy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back