WAG Coming back to gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I quit gymnastics when I was a exel silver training gold. A little over three years later, I now miss the gym a lot and want to get back into competing really bad. The main reason that I quit was because I thought at the ripe old age of 10 that the girls on my team were rude, and not being team players. I convinced myself that I was bored of gymnastics because of this and used it as an excuse to quit. I've grown a lot since I left gymnastics (I'm 5'9) and i've lost a couple skills but have also gained a lot more from going to open gym religiously since I quit. One of my fears is that I am a bit too old to get back into it (I'm 14). Do you think that I can still get back to competing after having been gone for a while?

For your safety and ours, you have to be 16 to join Chalkbucket. You can still read replies here. Come back when you are 16 and share with us how it is going!

You're never too old to do something that you love! If you are willing to put in the commitment you should give it a shot! Good luck

I quit gymnastics when I was a exel silver training gold. A little over three years later, I now miss the gym a lot and want to get back into competing really bad. The main reason that I quit was because I thought at the ripe old age of 10 that the girls on my team were rude, and not being team players. I convinced myself that I was bored of gymnastics because of this and used it as an excuse to quit. I've grown a lot since I left gymnastics (I'm 5'9) and i've lost a couple skills but have also gained a lot more from going to open gym religiously since I quit. One of my fears is that I am a bit too old to get back into it (I'm 14). Do you think that I can still get back to competing after having been gone for a while?
im in a similar position but i would recommend if your high school has a gymnastics team then do that. i just started last week and it’s pretty fun and not super competitive.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back