MAG Coming out of lurkdom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

acam1103

Proud Parent
I have been learning so much from this site without posting, so I felt it was time I introduced myself. I am relatively new to boys' gymnastics (I was a not-very-good female competitive gymnast many years ago and never imagined getting dragged back into the sport by my kids :)..). My boys are babies to the sport, competing Level 4 this year. Counting down to states next weekend! Hoping to get to know you all better but mostly wanted to say thanks for all the information on this site!

I have been learning so much from this site without posting, so I felt it was time I introduced myself. I am relatively new to boys' gymnastics (I was a not-very-good female competitive gymnast many years ago and never imagined getting dragged back into the sport by my kids :)..). My boys are babies to the sport, competing Level 4 this year. Counting down to states next weekend! Hoping to get to know you all better but mostly wanted to say thanks for all the information on this site!

Welcome!!! Glad you came out of lurkdom :) We do have a lot of fun here!! Sounds like you have a couple of little level 4s. I loved level 4 :) So cute and fun to watch them get those skill!!!

I was not a gymnast at all nor was my husband. Wasnt even on our radar. but I now have a L9 competing states tomorrow. He does love it! Looking forward to getting to know you and your little gymnasts!

Thanks! I actually have 3 Level 4's (which I am sure outs my anonymity if there is anyone around here from our gym since it can't be very common but we love our gym and don't do drama so I'm okay with that :D). One is on the "older" side at 10 but we didn't get into the sport until he was 8 1/2. The others are 8 and just turned 7. We have a little guy who is 4 too who takes preschool class because he wants to be just like his "big brudders." We will see if any of them stick with it long term but right now they all love it.

I hope your son has a great meet tomorrow! I worked a level 9 session at a meet last weekend - those boys are amazing!

Wow! you are in with both feet and hands ;) That will keep you busy for a while!!! how exciting.

Thanks. It is scary at times. I watch thru the camera ;)

One of my favorite gym memories of all time was being at the L5 state meet and watching my son's teammate's two year old brother bouncing around and doing somersaults and saying "foor routine" and "STICK IT!" His parents are very relieved that his interests have taken him in other directions, but it was sooooo cute. So glad to have you as a vocal part of our community now. I guess one upside to having them all the same gender is that at least you'll be going to the same meets, and even if they start to separate out level-wise, you shouldn't have to miss one's meet to see the other one. I hope your money tree is well rooted by now and beginning to grow. :D Good luck at states next week!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back