MAG Comp question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Hi all, we are new to competing.
My level 2O is competing with level 2 under 8’s are they competing AGAINST each other, (judged separately) or is it more a convenience things for the rotations?

Not quite sure what you mean by "against each other" but often times different levels rotate together, especially if there are not many athletes at those levels. But they are judged in there level.

Are you from Australia? I’m assuming so, just because that’s the way they split level 2 MAG in Australia, to opens and under 8’s.

In most cases they are NOT competing against each other. The competition is just happening at the same time. There are rarely enough level 2 Opens or level 2 under 8’s in MAG to give each their own session.

At the end of the competition they will present the under 8’s awards and then the opens awards separately.

However, if the competition is not large enough, or there aren’t enough in one division then they might compete against each other.

Are you from Australia? I’m assuming so, just because that’s the way they split level 2 MAG in Australia, to opens and under 8’s.

In most cases they are NOT competing against each other. The competition is just happening at the same time. There are rarely enough level 2 Opens or level 2 under 8’s in MAG to give each their own session.

At the end of the competition they will present the under 8’s awards and then the opens awards separately.

However, if the competition is not large enough, or there aren’t enough in one division then they might compete against each other.
Yes from Australia. Thanks for your answer. I have so many questions that I feel I drive our club crazy so I’m glad I found this forum.

Please ask as many questions as you like. We will do all we can to help and there is a good chance there are other parents wondering the same thing.

I am a coach and gym owner in Australia, so should be able to help with those technical questions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back