WAG comp season for everyone.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gothgymmom

Proud Parent
I'm sorry if this has been covered before, I couldn't find any other threads...

I have read a lot of people on here stating that their compulsories are only in the fall! Where exactly are you at for that to be it?? I'm in region 7 and all levels compete from November until April or May usually. Just seemed strange to me.

In Texas, compulsory season is August-December. Optional season January-Mayish. Many of the meets during optional season also have sessions for compulsory levels, but these meets do not qualify a gymnast for the upcoming compulsory 'state' meet.

Reactions: sce
In Texas, compulsory season is August-December. Optional season January-Mayish. Many of the meets during optional season also have sessions for compulsory levels, but these meets do not qualify a gymnast for the upcoming compulsory 'state' meet.

Same for Minnesota

Compulsories run year round here (NorCal Region 1) but compulsory "Season" is in the fall with State in November. I think most gyms use the spring meets as score out meets for compulsory gymnasts.

What you should do is a search on your states USAG site and Region. Schedules are posted there.

NY here.

Our season starts end of Sept, beginning of Oct. States for upper levels (L5 and Up) and Xcel in end of April, beginning of May.

Lower level states L2,L3 and L4 have 3 meets.
One is Early States in Feb. (Our gym does this so we can then do Xcel from Feb-May)
Then Upstates and Downstate States in end of April, beginning of May

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-18_15-39-12.png
    upload_2015-3-18_15-39-12.png
    302.9 KB · Views: 26
During season you can qualify for states up to two weeks before as well. Meets before August 1st cannot qualify you for Fall State.
Texas is a bit different. Meets held in Aug & Sept are district qualifiers. In Oct, district championships. November, north state and December, states. Gymnasts must compete in one DQ and then progress from championships to north state to state. Approximately 150 girls will advance at each stage.

I have that website saved on my browser toolbar lol. As I help out for our home meet and write out the envelopes to send invitations, I get on to make sure all gyms are still there, any updated information, etc. We are able to go to as many meets as we want during our season, (right now she is lvl 3, hopefully expecting to be moved to xcel) and states is in March (we just had ours on the 14th). There are many meets in our season, but only so many ok'd by the gym. We skipped all meets in Dec and Jan as money was tight and weather sucked.

We are in CT, Region 6. There used to be two competition seasons (at least for compulsory), fall and spring. CT has since moved to having ONE comp season for all levels, starting in September/October. Level 4/5 States was in February this year, Levels 7-10 States are at the end of March and Level 3 and 6 are mid-April. Then Regionals for Levels 7-10.

Here in Florida I've noticed most gyms compete compulsory in the fall and optionals in the spring. I do know some AAU programs here have compulsory state meets in the spring though.

I'm in Georgia, region 8. My gym competes compulsories from October to April and optionals/xcel from December to april. The reason the compulsories is longer is to allow some of them to move up from 5 to optionals (mainly 6), 3 to 4 or 4 to 5.

We are in North Carolina (region 8) and the compulsory season is Sept-Dec with the state meet in early to mid December. Optionals are in the Spring.

Seniors (level 7-international) March-July

Juniors (level 3-6) May- September

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back