competing?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

katy

Gymnast/Coach
this sunday is an exhibition meet for the power tumbling at my gym. i was all excited when i thought another adult would be doing it with me and then she changed here mind because she doesn't have all of her skills.
i try to reassure her that i don't have all of my skills either and it is just for fun, but she hasn't made up her mind yet.
i'll be training three times this week to learn the double mini consistently. i hope my legs don't get too tired because i also worked out friday and sunday.
watching the video of the adult competing at 23 and thinking of ho hard all of us at the chalk bucket have worked to even have gyms to workout at, made it seem kind of dumb that i would even considered not competing because i don't have someone there with me.
who knows, maybe i can even recruit some parents to join the fun. but they will only know that it is possible if they watch another adult doing it!

way to go! it is hard to be the only adult, but you can't let that stop you... have fun and good luck!

Do it, you can be the one to make it easier for the other adults. Possibly other adults don't want to compete because they see they'll be the only one. If they see you up there going for it and having a great time, more will come.

i am signed up for the meet. it got bumped to monday night. i'll keep you posted.

well, i did it. i did horribly, but i did it. really working on some issues with my quads cramping so today was very challenging.

aw, i'm sorry... the next one will go better!! it's great that you got out there, though!

well, i did it. i did horribly, but i did it. really working on some issues with my quads cramping so today was very challenging.

Congrats for going out there. My first meet was a total disaster, dunno if you have competed before, but it's hard to get out there esp. dealing w/ an injury at the same time. You will do better next time!

I'm so happy to hear you competed. It will probably be a little easier next time. I still feel foolish sometimes when I expect to really improve and compete next summer. I just sometimes feel like the coaches think its just not possible to get good at gymnastics once you're an adult unless you're already up to an advanced level. So every time someone steps up to the challenge and puts the effort forth to compete and work hard it I think it makes it easier for all the rest of us on the chalkbucket to want to keep up with our hard work. Thanks for sharing it with us and way to go :).

wow! thanks for all the support. this was my first meet for the t&t.
i just want to continue training so that i'll be strong enough and in shape enough to do a camp next year. that will be so much fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back