WAG Competition bra with support needed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

duyetanh

Proud Parent
Wondering what those of you get for your kids that need the support for a competition bra. We need to get one of these this year, and now would be the time to figure it out, not November, lol. We had the gk one before and she hated it, she also needs more support than that. Probably is a b/c chest size.

That's a tough one, my gymnast hasn't needed massive support luckily but I've always wondered what many of the college gymnasts do with there being sheer panels or weird straps on the back. Do you think they tape?

I don't think they exist. We tried several brands- any of the sports bras with clear backs offer no support. This year we were lucky with the comp leo cut and DD was able to wear her regular sports bra underneath without any straps showing. It's absurd that this is an issue- either all comp leos should be cut to accommodate a regular sports bra, or there should be no deduction for a strap showing.

Maybe one of these 2 from UA

Attachments

• 6A66C860-33E0-438A-B46E-F08007F2C9E2.png
    6A66C860-33E0-438A-B46E-F08007F2C9E2.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 4C41472D-11A8-4EB5-97C4-83593A47CBDA.png
    4C41472D-11A8-4EB5-97C4-83593A47CBDA.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 38
What I recommend doing is depending on the suit find a bra that she likes and is comfortable that will hide easily and if the straps are showing buy clear straps and cut of the old ones and put new ones on. I bought a bra from lulu and had someone sew on clear straps and it works great and is comfortable

What about a strapless bra? I'm sure you could find one that works.
I can't imagine a strapless bra providing enough support for gymnastics.

Unfortunately, I don't think the one I use would provide enough support for your daughter; so I can't help you with that.

I hope they fix this stupid bra rule as soon as possible. It's crazy that some gymnasts have to tape their perfectly healthy and normal chest to compete.

My daughter uses a supportive sports bra that we found at Costco, Puma brand and sold in a 2 pack. Straps can be worn traditionally/straight or crossed in an X in the back, and the closure goes low enough to not show in the back scoop of the leotard. They had a few color combos. She says it is comfortable, and she's never had a problem with it showing (though admittedly she does have a pretty easy leotard as these things can go).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back