Parents Competition Hairstyles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our coaches requires that our girls wear buns. I really like the way that the girls look with their buns. Here is a picture of my DD,

floor_1201.jpg

I just pull her hair back into the pony when it is wet and gel the heck out of it.

Barb

Anyone have any hair creations from the end of the season they want to share?

We are so boring...my DD likes to wear her hair slicked back and in a ponytail. After watching the Olympic Trials, she is thinking about trying out the slight pouf that the big girls had. She is only 11 and has no bangs---my hope is that we will go back to being happy with the ponytail :)

Here are some pics of when dd did cheer last year. The night before I would put it in a high ponytail and gel the flyaways back. Then I would take small sections about a pinky width and gel them (run the gel all the way down the length of the strand). Then roll the strand using the small blue foam rollers all the way to the top of the pony holder. My dd's hair took anywhere between 9-18 rollers depending on how much time I had or patience I had!! I found that doing fewer rollers turned out the same result pretty much as using a lot of rollers. Then spray all the curlers with some high hold hairspray and keep the rollers in overnight. By the morning, they are dry and you can unroll them. You can keep the ringlets big (or fat) or you can separate each ringlet into 4 or 5 smaller strands to make the cheer curls fuller. Finish with a little more hairspray and VOILA! Official "Cheer Curls"!!!

Pic 1 is BEFORE I separated each ringlet

cheercurlsBEFORE.jpg

Pic 2 is AFTER I separated each ringlet--She has a LOT more hair when you tease it out a bit.
cheercurlsAFTER.jpg

Pic 3 is from the FRONT with the bangs. She wants to grow out the bangs so we will see how that goes!
cheerhair.jpg

Last edited:
Our coaches requires that our girls wear buns. I really like the way that the girls look with their buns. Here is a picture of my DD,

floor_1201.jpg

I just pull her hair back into the pony when it is wet and gel the heck out of it.

Barb

I LOVE the bun--it looks so elegant, neat and clean! Your dd is adorable!!!!

For the girls, I just gel their hair back into a ponytail, then spiral curl it. They dont really have long hair so it dosen't whack them in the face. Sorry no pics:(. But I have to say, you moms are awesome with the hair!! The best I can do it french braid. (Usually for more important meets);) Some nice pics of the girls.

Bog- those are awesome! They look great! I wish I had the skill (and DD had the patience) for me to do cool styles like that.

My DDs hair is so fine it just slips right out of most styles. I gel it, pull it into a ponytail, braid it and then wrap it into a bun with lots and lots of hairspray.

I wish I could do hairstyles like this also! I don't know if I have patience for it :) Also, my daughter's hair is baby fine and has lots of fly-aways, so it makes it very difficult to work with. We usually gel it back and put it in a ponytail.

Big DD is 11. When she was Level 4-5-6, we did all kinds of fancy things with buns, "spiderweb", braids, etc. Her current hairstyles are either buns (with scrunchie around) or a flatironed ponytail. She does these herself (yay for me!)

Little Monkey - when she was L4 she always wanted curls. This kid does NOT have hair that holds curls!! Her favorite is pigtails with curls (and admittedly very cute on a then 6 yr old). We have also done curls w/single ponytail. This past yr, she started letting me do a ponytail with little braids. Time consuming but at least easier than trying to make curls stay.

Big DD is 11. When she was Level 4-5-6, we did all kinds of fancy things with buns, "spiderweb", braids, etc. Her current hairstyles are either buns (with scrunchie around) or a flatironed ponytail. She does these herself (yay for me!)

That is the same for my now 11 almost 12 year old DD, she used to love the cute styles, now its a high pony, flatironed, but she does still like the glitter spray!

I have to braid little Baby Bogs hair for camp to day, so I am just warming up my fingers with some typing before the two hour slog!:p

Two hours??? Nevermind my DD- I don't have the patience for that!!! :eek:

I will be doing the Spiderweb tonight!! Time to pick out a movie - LOL !!
I do have it down to about an hour to an hour & a half depending on how many I start with in the front and how still DD will sit.

Her 'Bad Hair' meet hair took the entire Simpsons movie & half of Men In Black 2 ! it did not help that DD fell asleep during the simpsons while I was putting a multitude of braids into her pigtails !!! Worth it all though as she was voted by the judges to have the worst hair of her session !

We tried the cheer curls a few weeks ago to see how they would hold up through a practice and by the end they were droopy and it just looked like a "hot mess". So, we are going to stick with the braids that are tucked under like last year with a cute colorful bow. Here are some bows that I just had ordered that will add some fun to the standard braid:

GymnasticsSTUFFCiCisBows035.jpg

GymnasticsSTUFFCiCisBows034.jpg

I think the colors match pretty well with the leo. I'll have to take some pics of the bow actually in her hair next time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back