Parents Competition Hairstyles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is my area. I am the team hair care specailists. First Can you braid french braid, cornrows or twist? All my styles require you to know how to do this. I am the team mom up at 6 am to get the girls ready for there meets. The best tip I can give you is this always do your childs hair at night and wrap it in a head scarf. The natural weight of her sleeping head helps weight down the wisps especially after you use gel and hair spray. A satin/nylon scarf is best less friction on the hair causes less split ends and flyaways. For you clean freaks dirty hair styles better then clean hair so dont wash it the day your are going to style it. For really cool hairstyles always go to a college campus. The teenage girls who grew up doing hair on the front porch will show you how to do a great style for low cost. I can think of tons of styles but they are hard to explain. i'd have to show you on a kids head. the best style for a non braider is the web with the lil rubber bands. they come in wonderful colors to match most leos. you can find the ouchless kind at Sallys beauty shop online. For you anti gel types. My daughter's best hair accesorie is curling ribbon. The kind you use at Christmas. I go around her head in a circle part. I put about 8 sections into rubber bands i tie alternating curling ribbon on each section pull up into a high pony and curl. I curl the curling ribbons into curls alot with her hair. the best name we have gotten for this style is firecracker. It looks like fire works ontop of her head. the judges always comment also on how nice it looks. I have used gel with glitter but i make it myself. the glitter is in larger pieces and leave less tell tale sign on other people. As the parent of an asthmatic the spray can sparlkes set off her attacks, i will try to put a photo online...

I know this is a very old post, but I'd love to see a picture of this...

Wow this is a very old thread!!!!!!! There are some great ideas. This past season I just did a pony for comp,because my hair was so short,during the middle of the season we started curlying it because it was finally long enough! We used to do a pony then 3 braids and tuck it into a bun,french brades into a pony, cornrows, and lots of other stuff. I think during my level 4 season I only had my hair the same style twice because we couldn't find something that worked. (with the backward rolls and that stuff)

Bog-I LOVE the hairstyle in you second pic it is very simple but elegant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thiis is how I want to do my hair this season. nastia Liukin 2009 national championships.
NastiaLiukin09NatsRonaldMartinezGETTY89779216.jpg

** sorry it is soo big!!!!!!!!!! I am computer challenged and couldn't get it smaller. And the smaller one wouldnt show up

Last edited:
Love this thread!! Would love to see what others are planning on doing this year. This will be my daughter's first year competing and I am very challenged when it comes to doing her hair and getting it to stay.

I'm not able to see any of the pictures. I wonder why?

I am hair-challenged... a ponytail is about the extent of my skills. However, before States last year I took Kathy to our hair stylist and asked her to show me how to do something easy and cute with Kathy's hair. What we ended up with was...

Pull "bang" section of hair back and secure with one of those tiny rubber pony-tail holders. Now go back a little further on the head... this time you're pulling the hair from above the ears and across the top of the head (use one of those combs with a pointy end on it to get a nice straight part across the head) and make another pony tail. This pony tail actually encompasses the "tail" from the first pony tail. Continue down the head in about 3" sections, including the tail from each ponytail into the next one. I alternate colors of pony tail holders between the two colors in my daughter's leo. It takes about 4 ponytails to make it to the end of her head and then I usually continue alternating bands every 3 inches down to the end of her hair (looks a bit like links of sausage... but in a good way :) ).

I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job of explaining it, but it looks nice and is really easy. Kathy likes it because it's nice and flat against her head unlike a bun or single ponytail, so it's comfortable for tumbling.

Wish I could see everyone's pictures!!! I'm on my work computer. Maybe I'll be able to see them on my home computer...

The reason you cannot see all the images is because this thread is REALLY old!!!! As IN many of the links are broken. Please feel free to start a new one or to add your own oics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back