WAG Competition leo cost

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think there would be rebellion here if the gym tried to change leotards every couple of years. Part of what makes the cost bearable is the fact that the child will get a couple of years out of the leotard and can then pass it to a smaller child while possibly sourcing a larger second hand one from an older girl.

My daughter wore her first competition leotard for three years, then moved into a lightly worn second hand leotard that I hope to get another two years out of.

Our club leotard is $210 AUD of long sleeved mesh and bling. If you are lucky you only have to buy one new one that will eventually become part of the pool of second hand leotards changing hands at the end of each season. We have less competitions in a season than the US seems to so competition leotards get very lightly worn.

I wouldn't assume GK will have the leo for a couple of years.

Last year we changed leos. This year new team members had a lot of difficulty getting the leo. GK wasn't sure they could fill our needs. So the gym did a swap size and the little kids did something else.

We will be changing next year, again.
That happened to us one year too. We ordered one and the next season, not only was it considered custom ( = more expensive), but they would not even make them after December 1. What REALLY uspet us was that we had worked with a GK rep to choose the particular leotard (who never said it would be discontinued) AND it was FEATURED on the Make It Or Break It Series Finale 3 months before our 2nd year order was placed!
That was the impetus for us to switch to Alpha Factor.

DD’s gym changes leotards every 2 years and warm ups/gym bags on alternating years also every two years. The least I’ve paid for just a leotard was $150 in lower levels & the highest was $350. New leotard this year so we will see!

I paid $245.00 for my daughter’s GK competition Leo. The owner uped the price for the new girls to $265.00. We keep them for two years

Oh, that's good to know, Sce. (/sarcasm) We recently heard that XCel is getting a new kit next season. My DD, who just switched to XCel last summer and is therefore currently in possession of a beautiful comp leo that has been worn thrice, will be a senior in high school . . .

Reactions: sce
Wow, I'm surprised to hear that almost none of you have paid less than 200 dollars for a leo.

I e-mailed the local importer and they said that we would get a 10 % discount off the prizes on the GK site. We also asked some of the parents board members about the costs and they said that 150 euros for a leo would be fine if we kept the same style for years. We decided to ask coaches and older gymnasts to design their dream leos with that budget in mind and then we will vote for the winner leo.

Oh, that's good to know, Sce. (/sarcasm) We recently heard that XCel is getting a new kit next season. My DD, who just switched to XCel last summer and is therefore currently in possession of a beautiful comp leo that has been worn thrice, will be a senior in high school . . .
Maybe you can get them to allow her to wear the old one.
There was one team we competed against that got new leotards this season, but some of their girls who just got their leotards last year (and they still fit) wore them this season.
Another team (small team of 10 girls) was so frustrated with GK running late that they just wore old team leotards they managed to get ahold of... The ones from 2006/07 -2009/10 and the ones after that and the ones after that ... and one girl just got a long sleeve velvet leotard in the team's main color.

I used to order leos for our old gym from GK and we ordered over 100 leos so we got a 15% discount...our gym allowed me to give the discount to the gymnasts so the leo was "only $180" , the second gym owner charged the gymnasts the full price ($400) and kept the 15% "for the gym" in the form of a check made out to her....snark. snark indeed.

We tried Alpha Factor one year as they were cheaper but they rode up so much on the butt of the older girls we replaced them the next year with GK.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back