WAG Competition leo cost

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymisforeveryone

Coach
Judge
We have had the same competition leo for 4-5 years now and we are about to order new ones for the next season. The one that we had costs 110-115 euros depending on the size. It's custom made for us. It has very little bling but it's nice enough. The trend seems to be that the new team leos seem to get more fancy year by year. But we all know that the crystals bump up the cost very quickly.

I'm the one who will be making the decisions about the new style we are choosing and where to order it. I'm thinking custom made GK leos because they can usually guarantee that the style will be available for at least a couple following years. And we would not have to deal with shipping, taxes or anything like that because we could order through importer.

BUT, the prizes seem crazy! I have used the UDESIGN customizer (https://www.gkelite.com/pages/gk-gym-customizer) on GK site where you can customize any of the styles and choose fabrics, crystals, embroideries etc and the site shows the end product on 3D technology and even the cost! It's super fun to use. But the problem is that even the most simple designs with just very little bling would cost at least 130-150 dollars and the ones that I know the girls would love the most are way over 200 dollars.

So the question is... What would you pay for a competition leotard? We would like to keep the same style for at least 3-4 years again so if the kid outgrew it, the leo could be handed forward.

I was also thinking about maybe having two different choices, one with long sleeves for upper levels and then the same style without sleeves for the first two competitive levels (like your level 3-4 in the US). What would you think about that?

Also, does anyone know if GK gives quantity discounts for teams?

I wouldn't assume GK will have the leo for a couple of years.

Last year we changed leos. This year new team members had a lot of difficulty getting the leo. GK wasn't sure they could fill our needs. So the gym did a swap size and the little kids did something else.

We will be changing next year, again.

I pay whatever the gym tells me to pay lol. They don’t do super sparkly Leo’s at our gym. They also do short sleeves until level 5. Trying to cut cost I guess. This our first year. We payed 200$. For Leo+warmups+bag. Not bad at all but I know in coming years it will get more expensive.

Our gym changes every two years. We also get new warm-ups and bags at the same time, so I couldn't say for sure how much the leo itself is, and TBH, I try not to think about it because I don't want my head to explode. :D I would guess it's in the 235-250 ballpark mentioned above. Our current one was new for the 2017-2018 season, it is the blingy-ist yet out of the three DD has had and it has the sheer quarter length sleeves (maybe not new but new to our gym).

Our competition leos were $165. They are Ozone, and have tons of sequins, instead of stones, so I’m guessing that is what lowers the price. From far away their sparkle just like the stones do. They also plan to use them for multiple years.

So different to the way it works in Australia. Every club has certain club colours and clubs have to register their club colours with gymnastics Australia. They also register their leotard/warm ups etc with Gymnastics Australia.

Virtually all comp Leo's are designed by the gym, somthey are custom made, so no one would have the same as another gym and no line can be discontinued as it is all customised to the gyms design.

Clubs will keep the same Leo for many, many, many years and the club is well known by their leotard.

We have a long sleeved Leo for the team with very little bling, €100,-. We also have a short sleeved Leo for the pre team and Rec team with lots of sparkle. Both are Moreau, they are of good quality

I assume you are in Europe.
For the same reason we abandoned the GK idea - our parents would never ever pay more than 150 € for a leo (and even that price is highly unlikely).
Our current leo is a sublimated Moreau (designed by me) with a reasonable amount of crystals and it was 110-130 € depending on size and volume of order. If you want the leo to be available for years to come, I would highly recommend going the sublimation route - they will be able to make them pretty much forever. You don't have to do the typical ombré - you can do your own design.

We got the higher level girls the long-sleeved, blinged-out leo. The lower level girls got a sleeveless leo with the same design but different colours and without crystals. The higher levels bought the sleeveless one as well - we use it for training at competitions.

We have had the same competition leo for 4-5 years now and we are about to order new ones for the next season. The one that we had costs 110-115 euros depending on the size. It's custom made for us. It has very little bling but it's nice enough. The trend seems to be that the new team leos seem to get more fancy year by year. But we all know that the crystals bump up the cost very quickly.

I'm the one who will be making the decisions about the new style we are choosing and where to order it. I'm thinking custom made GK leos because they can usually guarantee that the style will be available for at least a couple following years. And we would not have to deal with shipping, taxes or anything like that because we could order through importer.

BUT, the prizes seem crazy! I have used the UDESIGN customizer (https://www.gkelite.com/pages/gk-gym-customizer) on GK site where you can customize any of the styles and choose fabrics, crystals, embroideries etc and the site shows the end product on 3D technology and even the cost! It's super fun to use. But the problem is that even the most simple designs with just very little bling would cost at least 130-150 dollars and the ones that I know the girls would love the most are way over 200 dollars.

So the question is... What would you pay for a competition leotard? We would like to keep the same style for at least 3-4 years again so if the kid outgrew it, the leo could be handed forward.

I was also thinking about maybe having two different choices, one with long sleeves for upper levels and then the same style without sleeves for the first two competitive levels (like your level 3-4 in the US). What would you think about that?

Also, does anyone know if GK gives quantity discounts for teams?
For GK, you need to find out the team pricing. Their prices online are way more than they charge teams.

Our team leos for level 4 and up are GK,” 3/4 sleeve with a decent (but not gaudy) amount of crystal. There is a team/quantity discount. We sell them to our families at cost for $190 USD and keep a style for two years. New families to our gym gym often pleasantly surprised and used to paying $250-300.

Reactions: sce
I think you would get a better quantity discount and more opportunities to hand them down if you went with them being all the same for all levels.
That’s how our gym does it.

My DD moved on to different sports a few years ago, but I don't miss this! Her gym's leo was pretty blingy and they got new leos EVERY year! Money was no object to the gym....because it was our money :rolleyes:.

Not sure how much the Leo was individually as we were given the cost for Leo, shorts, pants and jacket together. It was $435 CDN for the package. Our Leo’s are ombré long sleeved without any crystals, made by Di’s Designs in Canada.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back