Parents Competition Leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2 yrs for ours at lower levels. Plain-jane blue, long sleeves, with the name of the gym in orange letters across the chest. Now to me, blue and orange don't exactly "go", but these are the gym colors.

The girls don't really like them much, but they are at least affordable, so we parents don't complain.

I've heard the optional girls have asked for custom-made GK leos, something in the area of $300 each - plus warmups of course. This request was resoundly denied by coaches and parents alike. Esp since they wanted mutiple-leos for competitions. After all, they can't be seen wearing the SAME leo as the last competition. :eek: Perish the thought!

We wore these for 2 seasons. They're beautiful leos but the older ones are starting to fade a bit. Their warmups are just black cotton with the gym name on the back in rhinestones.

Livvyingroup08.jpg

Our summer leos last year were red white and blue with our gym name in a diagonal down the front. They're ready for new ones since most of the girls are outgrowing them. We're ready for new comp leos, too, but not ready for the price tag!

We wore these for 2 seasons. They're beautiful leos but the older ones are starting to fade a bit. Their warmups are just black cotton with the gym name on the back in rhinestones.

View attachment 171

Our summer leos last year were red white and blue with our gym name in a diagonal down the front. They're ready for new ones since most of the girls are outgrowing them. We're ready for new comp leos, too, but not ready for the price tag!

Love these leos! Very cute on the little girls and the older girls alike I'm sure. Ours are very beautiful, but the older girls don't like them as much. Say they look too "little girl".

View attachment 171

These are really nice! I like them.

Buy them. I know my HS gymnast uses the school's competition leos, so we don't have to buy them.

This year the HC said new leos will be around $400! i'm wondering if we're getting new warm-ups too for that price!

OH MY!!! I would hope your getting the leo a hair scrunchy, a warm up and a gym bag for that. That's about how much we spend for this plus the practice leol.

We get new leotards every year, but we pretty much have too since the gym requires tight fitting leotards. We've had black with a Carolina type blue sleeves for the last 2 years, which are the new gym colors, so I can only guess that this is what we will keep for next season too. They have lots of Crystal accents in the front. We have had 3/4 sleeves all the time that we've been there. This past year's leo had a square cut neck, and that was the only thing I didn't like about it. It fit my dd kind of funny in the shoulders.

ours are red/white/blue every time. Usually they try to keep the lower levels at least 3 years, so that if a kid moves up they can sell their leo to a smaller kid. The older girls get new leos first. I'm glad we get more than one year out of them because last years' leo cost $290! Ouch:eek:

we will have them again this year, but after that I don't know. They are really beautiful.
snowbound

OH MY!!! I would hope your getting the leo a hair scrunchy, a warm up and a gym bag for that. That's about how much we spend for this plus the practice leol.

Yeah, we parents are wondering why on earth the price is so high. It's never been that high before (this will be my 3rd optional leo I've had to pay for--with my oldest having one for one year (thankfully--it was pink and white and did NOT look good on some of the girls!)).

I'm hoping they don't get new gym bags as I like her current bag!

Love these leos! Very cute on the little girls and the older girls alike I'm sure. Ours are very beautiful, but the older girls don't like them as much. Say they look too "little girl".

The higher level girls have the same ones except there is more gold on the sleeves. Their warm-ups also match as well. We just have plain black warm-ups. But that's okay, we didn't have to pay as much for them. Can't say the same for this coming year!

Ours are black three quarter sleeves, turquise body with crystals scattered. Black warm ups. I hope they keep them for a while as this is our first year at this gym and I would hate to pay $160 now and turn around next summer and get another one!

Alexsgymmymom - Wow they sound great! I need to see them, I love lime green. Have you got a picture?

Sorry I have not been on in a while and did not notice the post. I do have pictures and will post some this weekend!! They really are very pretty!!

Ours are black three quarter sleeves, turquise body with crystals scattered. Black warm ups. I hope they keep them for a while as this is our first year at this gym and I would hate to pay $160 now and turn around next summer and get another one!

sounds like just the reverse of ours. Ours has the turquoise 3/4 sleeves, black body with scattered crystals.

sounds like just the reverse of ours. Ours has the turquoise 3/4 sleeves, black body with scattered crystals.

I got that wrong! Our leos are just the opposite of what I wrote before. They are turquoise SLEEVES and black BODY. I don't know why I said that, maybe because I had only seen them once because we are new to this gym. She was fitted this past weekend and I got a better look at them. They are very similar to yours that I saw in the video but the neck line is a bit different.

We keep ours 3 years. The colors are Red, white, blue in any combinations. Right now they are just blue and white. Before that they were red. I am excited to see what we are getting this year.

Just heard from Sami what the new leos for Beth's team might be (one of Sami's HS coaches is the GK rep who the club team orders through---we have an "in" LOL!). It's the black on "Nastia's Choice" Trying to post the picture:
9533t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We do black and red we are doing a fairly simple one this year i think I really love our current leos so I am torn about what to do. I would love to just keep them anothe year. UGH!!b What to do.

Cathiann & Gym Monkeys Mom,

We are ALSO getting new Leo's this year. Are your gyms sticking with the same colors as last year? We had red leos the last 2 years and I like them because there were only a few gyms that had all red or red & white. Now it appears our new Leo's will be pink. Didnt it seem like there was a lot of Pink in MN meets this past year?

I talked with the GK rep she was really helpful. Basically she knows just about what every gym in the state of MN is getting for leo.

This was very helpful as we have similar colors to other gyms. Our compulsary and optionals get different leos we use Black Red and Silver for colors. We are using a stock leo for our compulsaries and a designing one for our optionals.

We are trying to keep things inexpensive this year due to peoples financial isssues with this economy. I tried to load a picture and it didnt work sorry.

We always stick with the same colors we are boring that way. LOL

Cathiann & Gym Monkeys Mom,

We are ALSO getting new Leo's this year. Are your gyms sticking with the same colors as last year? We had red leos the last 2 years and I like them because there were only a few gyms that had all red or red & white. Now it appears our new Leo's will be pink. Didnt it seem like there was a lot of Pink in MN meets this past year?

Ugh--we had pink a few years ago and we all hated it! The girls who were really skinny looked great--those with some more meat didn't look great. But hopefully yours will have a different cut to them!

Don't know for sure about our colors yet--but typically we switch colors when we switch leos. We really liked our red/white ones of the last two years!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back