competition leotard prices...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I can't WAIT to see what a $300 leo looks like in person (optionals).

LOTS of rhinestones. if I ever figure out how to put pictures in posts, I will show you my $265 one from my junior/senior seasons as a level 9. It's very.....sparkly, to say the least

Its new home is in a shadow box, hanging on the wall of my run-down college apartment. No way that thing was getting thrown away. It's a nice contrast (considering the contents of that box - leo + grips - are almost as much as my rent)

Ohh... $120 for a beat up leo in the incorrect size?! That would irritate me to NO END! Ours is a bit big, but the gym was somehow able to change 2 other people's orders yet not ours. :( I suppose we might be laughing in the end though, because at least it will still fit next year. I don't want to post a picture of the leotard because our gym has a "no complaining" rule. IE: No complaining on FB, no complaining in the waiting area... ONLY complaining directly to them... and I can say that when they say "no complaining" that it's a pretty broad definition of what they see as "complaining" (that's a vent for another day LOL). I can say that yes, it IS mesh on top, and it looks very similar to the Florida Gators competition leotards. Gymgurl, how long did the mesh last for you? We were told to NOT wash it, to only handwash under the arms and the crotch and to wipe off chalk.

Wow! The no complaining rule is so funny. I understand that they do not want you to complain and gossip with other parents in the waiting room of the gym. But if it is your personal FB account and you need to vent, you should be allowed to with your friends and family. Just my opinion. I hope your DD wears underwear with her leo! I know some girls who don't. My DD has too! It would make it a little easier to wash! Good luck!

Yup, I understand that they don't want gossip. But one time, years ago, a parent came home from evaluation day (when they decide if your child moves to the next level or not) and posted on her FB page "Sooo frustrated." People in the comments asked what was up, she said "I'll call you." A few gym mom's "liked" the post because we knew what she was talking about. The next day we were confronted by someone from the gym. I guess I'm a rule breaker... LOL! I'll continue to complain, but only to the right people. All in all we're happy with the gym, they do a good job. I just wish sometimes they would be a bit more understanding with the financial pressure that we are all under. That said... we do NOT pay even close to $1000 for the competition season, we go to around 6 meets. DH would probably die from a heart attack on the spot if he knew he had to pay $1000! We pay close to $700, that's bad enough. I WOULD post pictures of our leo, but it has our name in bling on the back LOL! That is NICE for competitons, but will be irritating when I go to ebay the sucker. It IS very pretty, DD wore it for the first time not too long ago. And she (being the mommy lovin' girl that she is) managed to go through the whole competition without getting ANY chalk on it! I asked her how she managed that... she said "I just brushed it off." Man, I love that girl! It doesn't even look worn! If we can go a few more meets this way... I had her shower right before she put it on and took it off right away. I can get away without washing it this time. :D

Ohh... $120 for a beat up leo in the incorrect size?! That would irritate me to NO END! Ours is a bit big, but the gym was somehow able to change 2 other people's orders yet not ours. :( I suppose we might be laughing in the end though, because at least it will still fit next year. I don't want to post a picture of the leotard because our gym has a "no complaining" rule. IE: No complaining on FB, no complaining in the waiting area... ONLY complaining directly to them... and I can say that when they say "no complaining" that it's a pretty broad definition of what they see as "complaining" (that's a vent for another day LOL). I can say that yes, it IS mesh on top, and it looks very similar to the Florida Gators competition leotards. Gymgurl, how long did the mesh last for you? We were told to NOT wash it, to only handwash under the arms and the crotch and to wipe off chalk.

I need to talk to our gym owner about a no-complaining policy. What are the repercussions if you are caught complaining?

still better than ballet!

Just got a tutu for my 10yr, $500, not stretchy, fits like a glove, she better not grow :) (give me gym leo's any day). And that's for one dance, still need the barefoot the lyrical, jazz, demi and contemporary outfits, plus the impromptu:)

I only used it for one comp (they loaned it to me) and it was on the 2nd hand leo's rack, it used to be the level 7 - 10 leotard for a few seasons and so it obviously lasted them a long time and then i used it and there was no colour run (with maroon and white thats almost unheard of) al we did was was it in separate parts (mesh and then the body) and hung it up with the white part up to stop colour run. (note this is all hand washing)

Its not that hard just time consuming but maybe you can get away with washing the crotch and the under arms after every comp but do a complete wash like i said after maybe 2 or 3 comps

sorry i didn't reply sooner, i didn't realise that you had asked a question

Also, I agree with the general statement that the leos with the bling look better than those without.

Our leo's i thought were horrible at first (all maroon velvet with lots of rhinestones) but it actually looks really good on the floor, Another team has a very similar leotard but instead of the rhinestones they have a different colour sleeve, it look hideous. I think rhinestones really do look awesome on the floor even if they are a little expensive

Competition leotards. I love the ones that our gym ordered this year, I really do. Nice choice. However... We paid close to $200 for the dang suckers AND they have a very delicate fabric on the sleeves, which makes them just about unwashable. And they're supposed to last a few years. I'm afraid to even touch the dang thing for fear the sleeve fabric will catch. The optional levels at our gym paid close to $100 more for theirs. Do gym owners think of how much parents are already paying for gymnastics/meet fees/coaching fees/USAG fees/Gas to get to the gym?! I don't want to know how much new warm-ups are going to cost since our leotard price jumped a significant amount from last year. Maybe I'm just a fun hater... LOL! Suppose it's the nature of the sport... I'm wondering where it ends though. Will the price keep on going UP?!

this response may not satisfy your angst, but...we are at the perpetual mercy of the manufacturers

oh leo prices! after meet fees, coaches fees, travel (traveling to the mainland from hawaii is EXPENSIVE! luckily we have a relative who works for united but still!) gym fees, etc. etc. there's nothing worse than coming in and finding out the optional girls are getting new comp leos. i feel like calling my boss immediately and asking for a couple extra shifts. our leos are usually in the $350 range for bags, warm ups and leos and around $150-200 for the new leos. the gym makes the comp girls leos last years but the optional girls do it differently and change every two years about. i understand the frustration though!

Really!?!

I just gotta put this out there....our gym changes everything every 2 years. This last season it was $450 for just the competition leo and warm ups! Bags were an extra $35. Our season costs for just coach and meet fees are around $1150! I am married to a blue collar guy and I am a stay at home mom! I would just be excited to only pay $200 for the competition wear!! Count your blessings!! :)

can I add, in the nicest possible way that you are all MENTAL !!!!!!:D

No way would we ever pay that much, just would not happen - our coach tried to introduce and £40 team leo ( about $63) and there were murmering of dessent. I know we earn less over here and the cost of living is higher, but honestly - would never happen !

Just a thought - when I set up my leotard business, can I make your competeion leotards pleeeeeeeeese - I can get totally unsuitable fabric and at that price I'll fly over and personally fit them myself !;)

'margo (Tongue firmly in cheek, honest)

This is going to sound strange but next time we get new comp leos I'm going to be begging to get more expensive ones. I can't remember how much we paid for our (between $60-$80), but I had to add the bling to each and every one on the team. (The person who was supposed to backed out, etc. It was a confusing mess.) I will gladly pay more in order not to do that again and have to worry that they are going to pop off.

Ours have never been more than $70cad with bling and using mystique fabrics. Each one is tailor made by a local seamstress.

Ours will be $60 this year.
Although we are a Rec. team that tends to go for the cheapers leos, so we just picked one out from the GK catalouge that was out gyms colors. Well 3 were picked out and then voted on.
So it's a long sleeved one with a bit of bling. It's quite pretty for $60!!

The USAG artistic teams leo ran about $150. From Alpha Factor and def. blinged out.

This thread is quite old but as I read it, I realize that I really do have valid concern for what our gym is saying. We are new and the gym is telling us the cost will be $500 for leotards, warm-up suite, and bag! $500, what in the world and probably still made in China!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back