Competition season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was curious as to when most competition seasons run. I see some have started and some are soon. What about State meets? In our state, the girls usually have about three meets from Nov. through Dec., then it gets real busy in Jan and Feb with states being held April through June depending on level.

most of the gyms in my state start around the 24th of this month some are starting the 17th. as for how many meets we have it depends on the level. 4s have around 6 and 5s have 9 and 6s have around 12 and so on
hope i helped:)

In most area's of Australia competition season can run for 9 months. The first comps for the year usually being around April and they continue to run competitions all year right until early December. Some clubs do compete all year and others vary it a bit deciding which competitions to do, but usually even with clubs that cut it back the season will go for around 6 months.

Here, the compulsery's (levels 3-6) are competing now, the season is from September, and states are in December. The optionals (levels 7-10) compete starting in January, and i am not sure when the season ends...March i think, but this is my first year as an optional so i am not sure!

Here in Minnesota, the Compulsory (levels 4, 5 & 6) have their main season in the fall--first qualifier was 1st weekend in October--going up to the State meet in December (actually that's for 5s & 6s--the level 4s don't have qualifiers and the State meet is more of an invitational for them now).

Optional main season is January through March with the State meet at the end of March.

Some compulsories compete in the spring, but it's more for moving up a level or if they weren't ready in the fall. And some optionals do some late fall meets--our gym doesn't do that though.

copetiton season

It sounds like many areas are similar. It just makes it even more impressive that these kids train all year for a sport that they "show off" for just a few short months. Way to go gymnasts!!

Texas

Here in Texas, the Compulsories (levels 3-6) are competing now, their season starts in August. The State meets are in October and November. Some of the Optional meets in the Spring also have levels 3-6 competing.
The optional season (levels 7-10) compete starting in January and go through May. Also there are a few optional meets in December.

I was curious as to when most competition seasons run. I see some have started and some are soon. What about State meets? In our state, the girls usually have about three meets from Nov. through Dec., then it gets real busy in Jan and Feb with states being held April through June depending on level.

We are the same as you except the state meets are in March.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back