WAG Competition sports bra for the well-endowed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sc-gymmom43

Proud Parent
I am searching for a non-racerback sports bra that provides support for my DD during competition.
The neutral colored ones from GK or Ozone or any of the leo brands are the bandeau style that just don't work for her anymore. I can see in her photos that the "girls" are tumbling on their own!
The sports stores only sell racerback bras, which won't work with the competiton leo.
I would like one with support, but also one that minimizes.
Any suggestions?

You could check out woman within.com
Depending on her size, they do have sports bras with regular straps.
These options are pricy, but come as small as 32 C. They have less expensive ones, but not sure how small they come.
http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing...tTypeId=1&PurchaseType=J&pref=npc&rec=Certona
http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing...tTypeId=1&PurchaseType=J&pref=npc&rec=Certona
This looks promising! I'm willing to pay that much for something that will keep 'em in place! Thank you!

I'm not sure her size, but I found a Danskin brand bra at T.J.Maxx that worked really well for me this season. I'm a C cup. It is cut in the same Cami style as many of the gymnastics brand bras, but the fabric was much thicker with some actual "stretch" and "hold," and it has pads for a little more support and coverage.

I'm not sure her size, but I found a Danskin brand bra at T.J.Maxx that worked really well for me this season. I'm a C cup. It is cut in the same Cami style as many of the gymnastics brand bras, but the fabric was much thicker with some actual "stretch" and "hold," and it has pads for a little more support and coverage.
Ooh that could work! She is a C cup also. Thanks!

I'm a GG or H and panache keeps me sorted while I tumble. Worth the $80. I wouldn't wash in the washer... I take it in the shower and either rinse or rinse and soap with a mild body soap (which is what I use for me). Then I hang it to dry.

If you have any running stores in your area they might have some good options. I have a few from Lululemon that are like normal bras in the back. I'd recommend them, but they're pricey too :(

My girls are 28gg and 32g, so $80 is nothing compared to the cost of a pretty bra. They cannot shop at regular teen stores, my bra shopping bills are like mortgage payments.

I wear Lulululemon Tata tamers for running, they are cheaper than Panache and work great, but they do not cater for the tiny back/big boobs crowd.

Go to bravissimo.com/us for a wonderful selection of pretty bras designed for small backs and large cups! I wish I'd had access to it when I was younger.

I have found my people!!

If you want to spend $$$, try the Berlei range. Very supportive and sturdy without being bulky. They worked for me up to about a C cup, and for those who don't mind more spring in their step, so to say, that type of bra is very good. I'm just fussy, haha. Myer in general has a great range, so even if that brand isn't a good fit, there may be others.

Not sure how well this would work under a thinner leo, but I honestly do double-bra for practice and would also have to do that in competition, if I competed. I'm a C/D, for reference, and 18 yo. I just don't find anything else gives me support. A double bra is rock solid, and the bras don't have to be top notch quality to work. That leaves you with more choice in terms of colour and straps.

The straps and wire are not visible at all under a T-shirt, though you would have to check them under a thinner leotard. Also, I prefer a lot of support, which some people might find restrictive. If your DD tries it, she might think it's too uncomfortable for the first few minutes, but it definitely settles in and I find it fine. It's just personal preference.

Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back