WAG Competition sports bra for the well-endowed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Update: just saw how much some other suggested brands are. Berlei suddenly looks much more reasonable!

I did double bra all through college and grad school (and I wasn't even athletic, I just needed that for every day support). It worked in its way, but a right sized, well constructed proper bra is soooo much better... and no grooved indentations in my shoulders. Bonus!

We buy bravissimo and panache, chantalle mostly. But pretty much $100 plus per bra in Canada.

I first bought from Bravissimo when I was visiting Brighton. I got fitted and spent several pretty pennies to bring some home. Then a couple times a year I'd pay to buy from their UK only online store and wait for Royal Mail to get to me. I was so happy to hear they'd opened a US online retailer... of course they did that right after I'd made a UK order :/. In recent years, I've gone to HerRoom.com to find similar options. They deliver internationally, but I have doubts that it'll save you much as the bras there are about the same price, unless you stumble on a sale or discontinued item.

I first bought from Bravissimo when I was visiting Brighton. I got fitted and spent several pretty pennies to bring some home. Then a couple times a year I'd pay to buy from their UK only online store and wait for Royal Mail to get to me. I was so happy to hear they'd opened a US online retailer... of course they did that right after I'd made a UK order :/. In recent years, I've gone to HerRoom.com to find similar options. They deliver internationally, but I have doubts that it'll save you much as the bras there are about the same price, unless you stumble on a sale or discontinued item.

We tried herroom, but shipping and duty on top of our weak $$$ make it not worth it. Plus if anything does not fit it costs $$$ to return. But I do look through for sale items and get some nice savings there. Do not get me started about bathing suits though!

We tried herroom, but shipping and duty on top of our weak $$$ make it not worth it. Plus if anything does not fit it costs $$$ to return. But I do look through for sale items and get some nice savings there. Do not get me started about bathing suits though!
Swimsuits - separates are the way to go. I know a size 2 with a G cup. She always has to buy separates because 1 piece and 2 pieces that come as a unit don't work.

The last time I was in France I found a Triumph Triaction wireless sports bra and took the chance it would work for her. It fits, but she doesn't like the "pointy " shape. That one'll go up on eBay lol!
I found that Chantelle bras are available at a local retailer. I have not heard of them before, so I'm excited for her to be able to try it. Danskin products are also commonly available on my area.

It really is surprising to me that leo companies don't offer bras with cups at all. I'm so glad to learn that my DD is not alone in this. I'm re-energized for the hunt! Thank you for the great suggestions, everyone!

The last time I was in France I found a Triumph Triaction wireless sports bra and took the chance it would work for her. It fits, but she doesn't like the "pointy " shape. That one'll go up on eBay lol!
I found that Chantelle bras are available at a local retailer. I have not heard of them before, so I'm excited for her to be able to try it. Danskin products are also commonly available on my area.

It really is surprising to me that leo companies don't offer bras with cups at all. I'm so glad to learn that my DD is not alone in this. I'm re-energized for the hunt! Thank you for the great suggestions, everyone!

Triumph are notorious for the pointy thing.

My entire time competing I was barely an A and went braless... until my senior year. I had to wear 3 camisole GK-style sports bras to rein in DD's. I looked like the Michelin man! Not fun. I have since found that Champion makes an excellent one (easy to find on their website), and I second Panache.

Woo hoo! We have success! We went to Dillard's and asked the saleslady for Chantelle sports bras. No luck there, but she recommended Natori Yogi. My daughter tried it on and instantly declared it the most comfortable bra she ever put on! Turns out she's now a D cup. Anyway, she gave it the bounce test and was amazed! It didn't hurt! It has underwires but she says she can't even feel them. She said she may wear it every day, and put it on as soon as we got home!
The fit and shape is perfect and the strap adjustment is with hooks so no slipping.
A little pricey at $68 USD, but I think it will be well worth it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back