WAG Compulsory Qualifier Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She is an amazing gymnast. My DD (who at 9 yrs old is not much younger than yours -- but not on any kind of elite track) loves watching Lily on Youtube. Thanks for sharing her journey

Beautiful! Can you explain to me what a compulsory qualifier is? My daughter is a level 4 and I am still learning all of the different terms. Thank you ❤️

Beautiful! Can you explain to me what a compulsory qualifier is? My daughter is a level 4 and I am still learning all of the different terms. Thank you ❤️
The girls that are trying to qualify elite must get a compulsory qualifying score (compulsory is like levels 3 4 and 5 where all girls do the exact same routines). At a compulsory hopes qualifier meet all the girls compete the exact same routines on all 4 events and there isn’t any music during the floor routine. The judges are looking for form and power in the skills. The compulsory qualifier is judged using the JO 10 point system. The girls also try to qualify in an optional qualifier which is where they do their level 9 or 10 JO routine but with much harder skills thrown in. This meet is judged on the FIG scoring system.

I have watched a few elite compulsory qualifier videos on youtube. Does anyone know why I see differences in some of the routines?

Example Trinity Thomas did an FHS LO LO on the floor where others do FHS LO FP? I took compulsory to mean everyone did the same routines.

I have watched a few elite compulsory qualifier videos on youtube. Does anyone know why I see differences in some of the routines?

Example Trinity Thomas did an FHS LO LO on the floor where others do FHS LO FP? I took compulsory to mean everyone did the same routines.
There are 3 different levels so the hopes girls all do the same then the junior elite girls all do the same and the senior elite girls all do the same. I’m guessing she was trying to qualify as a senior??

There are a few options/choices available in some parts of the compulsory routines. For example: UB - can do two clear hips, stalders, toe shoots or combinations of one of each. Beam - back tuck or pike, FHS or FWO. FX - Front pass can be FHS/FLO/FLO or pike, or just FLO/front pike. Last back pass can be layout 1/2 or 1 1/2.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back