Parents Compulsory Wrapup

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Level 4 compulsory was a good season for us. Sam is a first year L4 and had 5 competitions this year. She has worked very hard and her focus this year has been exceptional. She has competed since L2 and has amazed me with her desire to progress.

She wrapped up the season with an average score of 38.2 of the 5 meets she attended winning 3 AA including State. I am a proud parent. Now comes prep-op and her first meet this year will be Flip Fest in January. She came home from state and put all her medals and certificate on her display shelf, and began practicing her prep routine the next day. She is really pumped right now.

As far as motivation, I really don't have to. We are completely clear on the fact that the moment she no longer wants to be there, it is done. I sometimes ask her would she like to not go tonight, let's just hang out, and without fail the answer is "no way daddy I have to go". As long as she is willing to give 100% that is exactly the amount of support she receives from her mother and I.

I knew early on she had skills (her mom was a gymnast), but like I said her drive has amazed me. I have also been amazed by how much I have been captivated by these little girls who show no fear when learning these extrodinary skills. Thumbs up to all you girls, and to the dedicated parents who are an active and constructive part of this process.

SOunds like she is going to have a ton of fun in the prep op season. COngratulations on a wonderful L4 season, those are some wonderful AA scores!

Wow, that was an amazing season, its great to hear she is so self-driven, good luck for her prep op routines!

:DCongratulations! She sounds like a very talented little gymmie. Have fun with prep op! Has she scored out of the other compulsory levels already?

Sorry, I was confused:eek:.... in our state Prep-op is an interim level between 6 & 7. For gymmies that don't have all the needed skills for 7, but have completed or scored out of 6. A devolopmental level, not a mobility level. Guess different states have different terminology. Your DD had an amazing level 4 season! Wishing her all the best!:D ~ We'd love to see some video!

Last edited:
Sorry, I was confused:eek:.... in our state Prep-op is an interim level between 6 & 7. For gymmies that don't have all the needed skills for 7, but have completed or scored out of 6. A devolopmental level, not a mobility level. Guess different states have different terminology. Your DD had an amazing level 4 season! Wishing her all the best!:D ~ We'd love to see some video!

Some states have a program called Prep-Op that is outside the USAG compulsory program. My DD just finished her L3 compulsory season and will compete L4 next fall. But this spring she and her teammates will compete Perp-Op. There are different levels and each has it's own required skills but each girl can have their own routine as long as it has the required skills. My DD will compete Rookie 1 (which is between L3 & 4 - cannot have competed a USAG L4 meet to be Rookie 1) then there is Rookie 2 ( has completed a USAG L4 meet) from there is Novice which is like L5 etc.

My DD is so excited to do something other than the L3 floor and beam routines again :D

Some states have a program called Prep-Op that is outside the USAG compulsory program. My DD just finished her L3 compulsory season and will compete L4 next fall. But this spring she and her teammates will compete Perp-Op. There are different levels and each has it's own required skills but each girl can have their own routine as long as it has the required skills. My DD will compete Rookie 1 (which is between L3 & 4 - cannot have competed a USAG L4 meet to be Rookie 1) then there is Rookie 2 ( has completed a USAG L4 meet) from there is Novice which is like L5 etc.

My DD is so excited to do something other than the L3 floor and beam routines again :D
Ahhh! Thanks for expaining that so clearly! Now I get the idea:idea:! Everytime someone was posting regarding "Prep-op"- I've been thinking of something totally different(as I described earlier)! Guess I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed:dopey:,LOL!!!! Some of these other programs sound so interesting! DD has only ever been involved in USAG. Competing Dec.-May USAG. Then spends all the other months training for the next level. Wish we had some of these other options around here. Variety is the spice of life!;)

Ahhh! Thanks for expaining that so clearly! Now I get the idea:idea:! Everytime someone was posting regarding "Prep-op"- I've been thinking of something totally different(as I described earlier)! Guess I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed:dopey:,LOL!!!! Some of these other programs sound so interesting! DD has only ever been involved in USAG. Competing Dec.-May USAG. Then spends all the other months training for the next level. Wish we had some of these other options around here. Variety is the spice of life!;)

I think it is great they get to try out optional routines prior to L7. What is odd is that you can go to a meet and it will have USAG levels going and Prep-Op at the same meet.

Our gym does compulsory in the fall (Sept - Dec) then Prep-Op in the spring. There is a state meet for the prep-op as well. It may still be affiliated w/ USAG I am not sure. Some gyms in our area only do the Prep-Op. I think you can move to L7 USAG from the final Prep-Op but I could be wrong ( has happened before :))

I'm sorry I didn't even know there were different uses for the prep-op term. The last poster is right on target. We finished our state championship saturday and the first prep-op meet will be Flip Fest where there will also be Levels competing.

Prep-op has P1, P2, and P3 within it, P1 being where you start. You conclude with the Region 8 championship I think.

Prep= Poise, Rhythm, Execution, Presentation - Optional

I'm sorry I didn't even know there were different uses for the prep-op term. The last poster is right on target. We finished our state championship saturday and the first prep-op meet will be Flip Fest where there will also be Levels competing.

Prep-op has P1, P2, and P3 within it, P1 being where you start. You conclude with the Region 8 championship I think.

Prep= Poise, Rhythm, Execution, Presentation - Optional
That's ok...neither did I! That's why I love CB! So many people here to learn from! I think that sounds like a great program...wish we had it around here! Best of luck to your talented little DD! Can't wait to hear how Flip Fest goes for her:D!

That's ok...neither did I! That's why I love CB! So many people here to learn from! I think that sounds like a great program...wish we had it around here! Best of luck to your talented little DD! Can't wait to hear how Flip Fest goes for her:D!

Same here! I think I must learn something new here everyday!

38.2 AA -- that's a flippin amazing average! That's more then proud. That there is justified braggin rights - plus some! High Five to DD! Nothing but hard work and dedication get's scores like that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back