WAG Conditioning games

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Me and two other of my teammates are injured and sadly it is team camp week so we come in and condition all practice. which was fine but now they're both getting bored theyre young, 9 and 11, and we are very limited on stuff to do. One girl broke her kneecap and we can't bend her leg in anyway the other girl has a an extra bone in her ankle and she's in a boot and I have a boot and crutches. I thought if I came up with some games they might not be as discourage as they seemed today. Both go back to the doctor this week. But until then I need idea. I don't want them to be sad all week I want them to have fun. Right now we have an arms out challenge where you basically hold your arms out, and it doesn't seem hard but when you start doing it, it hurts and we do this for long times today we did 20 minutes we're going for 30 by the end of the week, but other than that I'm stumped. Any ideas would help

Awe you sound like a great teammate! I wish I could come on over to your gym and condition with you guys But... Maybe who can do the most.... Ie. Push-ups, chin ups, pullovers, v ups, etc. And maybe play a game if your allowed...like sticks or rock paper scissor shoot and if you lose than you get conditioning? Just a few ideas... Good luck... Heal fast.... (I wish I happened to be the teammate with the extra bone...unfortunately I have to condition myself :(

Reactions: sce
Fitoply: like monopoly but with strength activity a for stations and comes for money. Make cards such as go to jail and hold plank till someone passes you, do 10 crunches, take 2 comes from player behind you and give them 5 army walks, handstand walk pass go and collect a cone. You could even do like the cards they have in monopoly eg: you came first place at comp collect 3 cones, or you fell of beam put 1 cone in middle and do 20 v snaps

How about throwing the big bouncy ball back and forth on the beam with no falling? I guess middle beam, since you can't jump from too high......it will keep your balance sharp.

You can always make a fun obstacle course for handstand walking.

Maybe a domino conditioning list:
Each kid get a paper with conditioning things on it (push ups, sit up, ect) picks 2-3 dominos, counts up the dots and rights he number of dogs they counted next to how many of those things they should do.

Fitoply: like monopoly but with strength activity a for stations and comes for money. Make cards such as go to jail and hold plank till someone passes you, do 10 crunches, take 2 comes from player behind you and give them 5 army walks, handstand walk pass go and collect a cone. You could even do like the cards they have in monopoly eg: you came first place at comp collect 3 cones, or you fell of beam put 1 cone in middle and do 20 v snaps
I ended up doing this and my coach LOVES It, she even had the other girls use it. I guess I made it a little hard for the non injured girls but us injuried thought it was a breeze!

How about picking a song all three of you like and making a conditioning routine to it....just things all three of you can safely manage.

Me and two other of my teammates are injured and sadly it is team camp week so we come in and condition all practice. which was fine but now they're both getting bored theyre young, 9 and 11, and we are very limited on stuff to do. One girl broke her kneecap and we can't bend her leg in anyway the other girl has a an extra bone in her ankle and she's in a boot and I have a boot and crutches. I thought if I came up with some games they might not be as discourage as they seemed today. Both go back to the doctor this week. But until then I need idea. I don't want them to be sad all week I want them to have fun. Right now we have an arms out challenge where you basically hold your arms out, and it doesn't seem hard but when you start doing it, it hurts and we do this for long times today we did 20 minutes we're going for 30 by the end of the week, but other than that I'm stumped. Any ideas would help

How about "death by....." And pick exercises the three of you can do
Do 1 rep on the first minute, two on the second minute, three on the third minute etc..... And see how many minutes you can continue for until you can't do the number of reps the minute.

Sit in a circle, and everyone is in a hollow hold. You go around and everyone does 1 v up (when it's not your turn you just hold the hollow) and then you do the same thing with 2, then 3, and depending on how strong you guys are like 10, then work your way back down.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back