For Coaches Conditioning Suggestions

GYMNASTICS
Parents... Coaches... Judges... Gymnasts...
DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members See FEWER Ads!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2008
NC
Hi,

I am an "old" gymnast getting back into the gym for fun & good exercise. I am having a hard time with what conditioning I can do either at the gym or home, besides good old fashioned crunches and push-ups. I was wondering what are some of your favorites you have your team members do for conditioning. All suggestions welcome & appreciated. :eek:

B

BlairBob

While you're at it, check out Welcome to Gymnastic Bodies Website ( while it might seem advanced and apparatus oriented, there is still a lot without rings or bars and just parallettes ).

As well, ya might as well check out CrossFit Exercises . While a lot of this has to do with Olympic or Barbell lifting besides other stuff there is still some on bodyweight exercises.

Exercise, kettlebell strength training, conditioning, diet and health: the ultimate fitness workout has a variety of bodyweight programming including gymnastics strength articles.

Power Athletes Magazine is another similar site to dragon door.

RossTraining - Bridging The Gap Between Ordinary and Extraordinary also is another bodyweight conditioning site you may find useful.

A bunch who work out with TipGuy at Drillsandskills are a bunch of old fogey gymnasts as the girls used to call us. Bronze age gymnasts ( I'm not but some of them could be! )

Status
Not open for further replies.