WAG Conditioning to improve front tuck height on the air mat

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,
I am an adult gymnast trying to improve my front tuck height when jumping off an air mat. I can land on my feet most of the time but my low height does not allow me to progress to higher skills like front tuck half twist.
Could you suggest any conditioning exercises that I could do at home to improve my leg power for front tuck?

Thanks a lot in advance!

You're already using an air mat...just take that out and use a mini-tramp...that should put you higher.

As far as strength...just do lots of squats and heel raisers. Then convert the strength with plyometrics like box jumps...rebounding...etc.

Leg plyo's the easiest to do at home if you have a stair somewhere is to jump up and down on it as quick as possible. You can also use one of those exercise steppers if you have one. Jump roping may help. Really anything to increase speed and push through.

Like the previous poster said a lot of it is tecnique you have to make sure you are setting up with your eyes up and your arms over your head even though it may feel weird as our natural want is to look slightly down and set with our arms forward but that only pulls you forward and down.

Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back