Conditioning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gymnast902

okay im a level 2 gymnast and i need to start doin conditioning at home,
what kind of exercise/conditioning can i do at home to gain strength and stuff like that ??
thanks ahead of time..
:)

I would suggest checking with your coach. He/She can give you specific exercises just for your strength/flexibility needs

I would say the same as you do in gym.

Warm up, then some static stretches, do your typical conditioning routines (push ups, pull ups, V-up's, jumping jacks, etc.) as much as you can, then stretch again to cool down (important), then rest.

Conditioning at home doesnt need to be an ordeal or ritual. Make it fun, and challenge yourself. When you get to higher levels though (like L5+), you'll probably want to back off at home. Your body needs time to rest too.

Last edited:
At lower levels I would recomend handstand holds. Trust me you never leave that skill behind so perfection is key. You'll start learning in on floor, then take it to beam and then bars. It's very important to be able to know where you are and if you are hitting your vertical.

At lower levels I would recomend handstand holds. Trust me you never leave that skill behind so perfection is key. You'll start learning in on floor, then take it to beam and then bars. It's very important to be able to know where you are and if you are hitting your vertical.

I agree with her. Im an upper level gymnast and we just got a new coach and that is one of the most important things we misses out on in the lower levels...practice your handstands and it will help sooooo much!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back