WAG Conditioning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So the gym that I will be joining for xcel gold does a ton of conditioning. Probably like an hour every practice. I’m not exactly in shape for this type of conditioning. The girls at my school say that the coaches are super strict and tough about it. They are not really mean about it but they give you extra if you try to avoid it. i Am joining at summer training, when I suppose conditioning will be even harder. What is a good home workout I can do without any equipment at all. I do not want a whole body workout, I like to target different muscles on different days. I am weakest on core conditioning so that would be the one that I need more help with.

I also need a good stretching routine mainly for splits especially middle. I heard that the coaches want all the way down splits on good leg and middle and close to the ground splits on bad leg. i have tried holding my middle split but I just can’t hold for more than 10 seconds.

Here's what I do if I miss a practice:
Upper Body:
HS Hold 1min
20 HS push-ups
50 Pushups
50 planks going from hands to elbows and back up - 25 on each side
Core:
100 Lemon squeezers
100 v-ups
1min hollow hold
Lower Body:
50 Squats
50 Squat Jumps
100 calf raises
Back:
20 Arch Rocks
1 min arch hold
Whole Body/Cardio:
50 burpees
100 jumping jacks
100 jump ropes fwd and bwd on a line/floor beam if possible

I most certainly didn't start here but these are the exercises I did and I'd just do as many as I could until I got to my goal. I am an Excel gold and this is generally what everyone 6th grade and up on excel is expected to do.

I also need a good stretching routine mainly for splits especially middle. I heard that the coaches want all the way down splits on good leg and middle and close to the ground splits on bad leg. i have tried holding my middle split but I just can’t hold for more than 10 seconds.
Stretching I usually hold splits for 2 min each side and 1 min middle splits. I'm crazy flexible so don't tend to stretch a lot.

Something I do when I don’t feel like doing “normal” conditioning (like the stuff they make us do at practice) is follow along to YouTube workouts. I don’t do them everyday, because some can be quite intense but I definitely do them a few times a week. Here is my normal conditioning routine:

Arms/core:
20 push-ups
2 minute plank
10 more pushups
1 minute plank
5 more push-ups
30 second plank
30 sit ups
30 leg lifts
30 crunches
30 dead ants
30 chest to knee thingies
1 minute high plank
30 Russian twists.

Legs:

I always follow along leg workouts because lunges get a bit boring lol
But I do track for running so I guess that counts sometimes.

Here are the workouts I follow, sometimes I can’t get through but do the best you can:

Core:

Legs:

I obviously don’t do all of them in one day (I’m weak…) but I’ll usually do 2 for legs and 2 for core.

I will say, the leg ones have really helped me in getting closer to my aerial, so I think it counts as conditioning.

Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back